1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 month old x9 with 2K rounds thru.
Replacing the fiber optic, green to red. The sight buries the optic in tight and protects the optic more than I have ever seen. Nicely done Wilson !
It is difficult to get too.
I took a knife to cut the optic and, yep, slipped.
Good, now I don't have to treat it like a treasure. :)

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,750 Posts
We have all done it... I was working on an beautiful early 1960's BHP. Wanted to remove the dreaded magazine safety from the trigger assembly. Lined up the drift punch and laid the hammer to it... oops, punch moved slightly prior to hammer impact. Nice divot on the side of the frame. Shiot does happen, to all of us!

·
Registered
514 Posts
2 month old x9 with 2K rounds thru.
Replacing the fiber optic, green to red. The sight buries the optic in tight and protects the optic more than I have ever seen. Nicely done Wilson !
It is difficult to get too.
I took a knife to cut the optic and, yep, slipped.
Good, now I don't have to treat it like a treasure. :)
Better than your Left Thumb...:):eek:.o:;)

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
My wife hears my screaming and cursing, and for some reason she always finds what I'm looking for, even though she doesn't even know what is is. How the heck does that happen?
Its a female gene thing...… so they can look at us with that smug look.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Back in the late 70's my Grouse hunting buddy had his side by side restocked with beautiful walnut and hand checkered with a pretty pattern. The en do the first days hunt he never got near any thick cover and got just as many Grouse i.e. none for no shots.

Next day he got out of the truck put the gun together and walked up to a thorn bush and jambed the butt stock in it. Looked at the scratches and said " Now I can hunt with it again!" Kinda of set me back but a laughed and thought he's right. We both got several Grouse that day. He still has that gun and I don't think it has any other scratches on it cause of how much wax he has on the stocks.

So with out a doubt you can use your pistol with abandon now! Enjoy it!

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I was adjusting (trial and ERROR mind you) the sear spring on some particular match blaster, and every time I would disassemble, or reassemble it again, the plunger would launch itself in my office, and I’d spend 20 minutes crawling on my hands and knees cursing the Roman, Greek, and Hindu gods with the brightest flashlight I own.

I finally learned to throw a grease rag over the whole operation every time I attempted it.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
I was adjusting (trial and ERROR mind you) the sear spring on some particular match blaster, and every time I would disassemble, or reassemble it again, the plunger would launch itself in my office, and I’d spend 20 minutes crawling on my hands and knees cursing the Roman, Greek, and Hindu gods with the brightest flashlight I own.

I finally learned to throw a grease rag over the whole operation every time I attempted it.
I noticed some crimp the spring so it won't fly out. I'm not sure how many coils from one end they make the crimp. :confused:

·
Double Secret Banned
2,138 Posts
I noticed some crimp the spring so it won't fly out. I'm not sure how many coils from one end they make the crimp. :confused:
The middle is fine. Don’t overthink it.

Reactions: Fred_G
1 - 20 of 31 Posts