Idiots.

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Okie, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    At the gun show today, I lost count of how many damn idiots I saw walking around with their fingers on the damn trigger. I felt like slapping them into next week:rolleyes2:

2. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I quit going to gun shows a few years ago. I used to look foward to them, but now, wouldn't go if they were free.

3. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    And all AD's happen with "unloaded" guns or someone who never "touched" the trigger. At least thats the story we always told.

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    I'll bet that that they were all flat triggers, so it's okay. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  5. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Saw a loaded 642 at a gunshow last year. Had nickel plated cases in it, so it was a little harder to spot at first. Didn't want any panic situation, so I gently told the guy in the booth.
    He started laughing and said "yeah right, that would be the day", but his facial expression freezed up, when he realized it wasn't an Aprils fool joke.

6. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I bet he crapped his pants:eek:

7. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Not sure, never checked back with him.

8. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Hey, get off here and get back to flush crowning my Model 1 barrel. :rofl2:

9. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Ha ha ha....pipe down, or you'll get a special barrel without rifling....hmm. but perfect looking crown.

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Years ago I was at a GunShow in Indiana.
    Some crazy fool pulled a cartridge from his pocket and fired a round at a target
    on the wall. He was quickly and abruptly crowd tackled, then went to jail.

11. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I am a member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association. We have shows throughout the year and for the past 5-10 years I have noticed an increase in STUPID behavior. And this is at a show where you have to be a member to buy stuff.

Last xmas,I had a table set up and had a Colt SAA 3rd gen in the box on the table for sale,when a doofus walked up (with 3 handguns stuffed in the waist of his jeans)and grabs the Colt out of the box and asked"WHY THE TAG AROUND THE CYLINDER ? ".

I told him,for 2 reasons:

1)THE RULES OF DISPLAY DICTATE SECURING THE FIREARM FROM BEING SHOT.
    2)TO KEEP IDIOTS LIKE YOU FROM DRY FIRING A 1500.00 HANDGUN.

When I finished with reason number 2,I snatched the pistol out of his hands and told him to move on to a flea market where he belonged.

I don't know about how others on this site feel,but I would never think of handling a firearm on display without ASKING first.
    This used to be the "norm",but I guess with the recent outbreak of "STUPID",courtesy is a thing of the past.:rolleyes2:

DAT85

12. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Can't wait to see it. :thumb:

13. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    @DAT85,
    Or how about, when they take your NIB S&W Mod.19 from the 70's, and spin the cylinder fast and slam it into the frame like Bogart in a black and white movie.

14. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Damn, that's messed up, what would posses someone to do that :mad2:

15. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I wouldn't dream of picking up a gun without asking:thumb:

16. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    No idea,......I was about 50 feet away and my ears rang for a few days!

17. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Spot on Jess! :thumb:

Happened last week in the gunshop that I work at on Saturdays,customer did that to a S&W MDL 642.

The owner was in the store at the time when I went ballistic.

He told me that he would rather lose a customer than have the inventory abused like that.

DAT85

18. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I was in my Local Gun Shop a month ago and A guy comes in with two handguns he wants to sell, a Ruger revolver and a Para 1911.
    The guy (seller) goes to pull the Para out of the case..., the Gun Shop Guy, says hang on buddy... let me do that please.
    The seller says " It's okay they're not loaded... The G.S.G says ... Okay but let me do it anyhow....
    So he drops the mag from the Para and racks the slide..... and you guessed it..... BLING goes flying across the counter....
    I couldn't bleeping believe it....
    The seller says.....OOOHHH sorry dude ( of course)
    The GSG just shook his head saying yeah not loaded .....

Stupid people.................

19. 1563621

1563621 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I worked in a LGS for 1 year. Gunsmith {yeah Right} took a glock from popo for a trade. Dropped mag and pulled trigger in shop. Guess what? BAM. 45 hit the floor. 3 months later gunshop for repairs was on 2nd floor! guess what- BAM. Round came thru ceiling. I left shop. it was at Oceantactical in NJ {now out of business}. So-called smith is BOB at TIPS. I should have called ATF & State POPO.

20. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I used to work in navy. One of my side duties, was dealing with AD's and write reports about them to the commanders office. After about 10 yrs. doing so, I got into the filthy habbit of telling the folks, "Don't start saying the gun wasn't loaded" it never looks good in any report. This even though I wasn't supposed to "paint" the explanation from the person I was given it from.
    They always asked me why! And I usually replied, Because the officer in charge of the case, will first off know you're lying, and second, from thereon he won't belive another word comming out of you mouth, and you explanation is set up for failure from the get go.
    Just a thought.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted