1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video shows a active shooter situation at a Walmart. The shooter was a tweaker with a history of substance abuse and other mental problems. A CCW'er, who also happens to be a pastor, puts a stop to it. Before the pastor puts the tweaker down, he shouts commands to the tweaker to stop and put his gun down. The pastor shoots when the tweaker fails to comply.

The pastor witnessed the tweaker shooting at random people in the Walmart. The guy was obviously an imminent deadly threat to everyone around him.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I would have bothered to shout commands at the guy. If I see someone taking shots at random people, and I've got a clear shot, I could see myself just putting him down then and there. If I shout commands at him and wait to see if he will comply, I put myself at risk of getting shot.

How would you respond?

·
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today
3,161 Posts
Depends: If he is facing me, I pop him. If he is facing away from me, I give him a chance.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
If he was unaware I would not want to give up that advantage. I would just shoot. I am no longer active LE and my use of force policy is the state statute, which does not require it. I'd feel really stupid if I gave him a warning and I, or someone else ended up shot over it. I was taught at the academy that I have no right to gamble with any innocent life, including my own. When you have the solution, you exercise it.

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,472 Posts
On the other side....
Greg Ellifritz,who often has articles in ASP,had an incident posted today about a woman shooting a suspect that was about to shoot a cop.
She's currently being sued by the guys estate.
Ludicrous!
Makes you think about who you're willing to throw it all away for.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,226 Posts
Shoot and stop the threat, the chances are he's not going to hear you anyway and you give up your position and draw attention to yourself

1 - 20 of 49 Posts