1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
“When an anti-gun Democrat Governor declares that essential businesses includes firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security, that is really a big deal. Every Governor should copy the Illinois example when issuing stay in place and business closure orders in the face of the Corona Virus.”

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
That's good news

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Wow, we are living in some crazy times. Hopefully the left will realize the importance of the 2nd amendment.
I pray there's no putting that toothpaste back into the tube . . . .

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Pritzker's no dummy – he knows the state extends south of Chicago (unlike the last bonehead felon we had in office). I was not thrilled to see him elected, but I've been pleasantly surprised by his governance.
I’m still trying to figure out his play here. Only thing I can come up with is self preservation. He’s just a trust fund baby (Hyatt hotels) that bought his way into the Governor’s mansion. Probably for the working toilets. Remember that he’s the one who tried to buy Obama’s senate seat leading to the downfall of Blago. Also remember we have a nonexistent Republican Party in Illinois.

·
Banned
1,621 Posts
Interesting.
MANY years ago we had a Democratic gov here in Florida named Lawton Chiles who proudly admitted to owning an AR15 and shooting it with his son. News broke the story trying to paint him into a corner and instead of backing away he proudly owned it. I voted for him. Wasn’t that bad of a guy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m still trying to figure out his play here.
I doubt it's too complex. Best case: he respects the 2nd amendment and the will of his constituents. Worst case: he knows there's a run on guns and ammo, and he doesn't want any unnecessary backlash, so he called them out specifically to avoid any questions.

Long and short of it is: he's been responding to the outbreak in a very proactive and positive manner. And if he keeps it up, he'll come out looking like a hero to a lot of people.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I doubt it's too complex. Best case: he respects the 2nd amendment and the will of his constituents. Worst case: he knows there's a run on guns and ammo, and he doesn't want any unnecessary backlash, so he called them out specifically to avoid any questions.

Long and short of it is: he's been responding to the outbreak in a very proactive and positive manner. And if he keeps it up, he'll come out looking like a hero to a lot of people.
He certainly doesn't respect the 2A. Don't forget the first thing he did when he took office was to sign the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. He's on record saying he'll sign any gun control bill that reaches his desk.

·
Registered
126 Posts
He certainly doesn't respect the 2A. Don't forget the first thing he did when he took office was to sign the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. He's on record saying he'll sign any gun control bill that reaches his desk.
Times change hope some people see the light, times like these bring folks together from all different perspectives political and otherwise trust me I lived through all out war, tough realty has a way of illuminating what's important

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
I’m a bit taken back by this...
Not sure what to think of it.
I like his response however it’s a bit out of character.

·
Never Forget
9,031 Posts
He, like many others, is facing challenges which the majority of politicians have never faced. I would imagine he has a good advisory team helping him to make the most prudent decisions that will benefit him the most during the next election. He more than likely just pulled a large percentage of conservative gun owner votes by doing this. It doesn't matter what he believes, it matters what people remember about him that stands out the most.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I’ve heard rumors that anti-gun people and even anti-gun legislators in this state are upset because they are now trying to buy guns and can’t. They’re shocked to find out you need a FOID and it currently takes anywhere from 1-3 months to get. So now they’re screwed. Maybe they’ll rethink their positions. One can only hope.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I’ve heard rumors that anti-gun people and even anti-gun legislators in this state are upset because they are now trying to buy guns and can’t. They’re shocked to find out you need a FOID and it currently takes anywhere from 1-3 months to get. So now they’re screwed. Maybe they’ll rethink their positions. One can only hope.
Nice to see that their single minded stupidity worked against them. Let that be a lesson to them all !!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I dont know how to respond to this, I'm shocked. I would of never of thought he would do this. There has to be something for him by doing this. For a politican in the Chicagoland area to do this without being ordered by the courts is unheard of. Im glad that he stepped up and did the right thing. We shall wait and see, I doubt he has came over to the "dark side".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts