close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Im an addict... apparently

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dgi, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    My first full size pistol was my TRP. I love the gun and its treated me very well. Then i got my CCW and i picked up a Custom Carry Compact off of gunbroker for a steal. I've been very happy with that... now i am waiting to go pick up my new (to me) Professional next weekend. I was going to sell my TRP since now i'll haver a "better" version of it with the PRO but i've since decided to keep it and build it lol

I never thought i'd collect 1911s in this manner... they all have their "job" in my safe but i was only looking for a range/competition gun when i approached the 1911 platform a little over a year ago...

Just a thread to say hello to a new forum :47_002:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Howdy DGI!!!

good to see you over here!!!

3. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Welcome and nice piece

4. Gunshine

Gunshine New Member

Aug 29, 2011
  5. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    It was your signature over on another forum that guided me here bud! At least this forum has a classifieds section... we'll see if thats a good thing lol

6. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm not gonna lie, it's a bad thing to have classifieds, since there's usually always something that i want :lol:

7. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome.

Congrats on some outstanding 1911s.

8. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Welcome my friend, and nice collection :thumb:

9. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    Its a good thing i found that PRO when i did or your EB KC would have been a tough one to say NO to.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! i cant wait to get home and have time to look through the forum more. Today is the first homegame for the Baltimore Ravens with our arch rivals the Pittsburg Steelers. I'll take this time to have the local range to myself and afterwards browse through this forum some more.

its gonna be a good day!

10. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll trade you the KC for the Pro :lol:

11. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    stop with the temptations already!!!!

12. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    no temptation, just an offer. it's all ready to be shipped out and it'll save me a trip when i send out my SACS TRP to the new home.

13. MTD

MTD 1911 Addictor

Sep 9, 2011
    What about you move to California so I could buy your blue KC?

14. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    nope, not going to do that. could've moved there years ago.

15. MTD

MTD 1911 Addictor

Sep 9, 2011
    Very NICE SA 1911 collection that you have.... so far! I am sure the 1911 virus will not stop biting you... I am so broke but still want to take a shot at Quack's blue KC. So, I'd check back often to see how fast you could accumulate them.

16. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    Quack, your selling your SACS TRP?! im getting ready to send mine to SACS since im gonna keep it and do a build up similar to the one done to yours... im going to contact you before sending it in to see what the "worthwhile" mods are...

I've had a thing for the extreme carry bevel treatment the SACS does and thats the main thing going onto the gun... but if they can polish up its performance while its there... ;)

17. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    I hope its stopped for a while... i am still building an AR, a Saiga, a Mustang and a Jeep lol and im getting married next year so she'll be building a house soon... My life is a project :frusty:

18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    Not selling the TRP...Sold the TRP in ~45minutes last night. Just talked to the buyer to finalize things.

while it's there, i would go with a new barrel and tool steel parts and that's about it. the only other thing done to my TRP was the frame/slide was tightened.

So how about the KC and $200 for the Professional. :grin:

19. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
  20. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome aboard. Those sure are purty. :thumb:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted