·
Premium Member
1911s for GOD and Country
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
31,238 Posts
I don’t think it would be one that I would buy, but I certainly don’t hate it. It has some nice features, it has a few I would not want.

I wonder when it will actually be available for purchase

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I don’t think it would be one that I would buy, but I certainly don’t hate it. It has some nice features, it has a few I would not want.

I wonder when it will actually be available for purchase
In the same boat.

I’m fortunate that I’ve never had a bad Kimber from the factory, my experience has been that the Schwartz safety generally needs either tuning or replacing, more necessary than a S80 style safety, otherwise no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bender

·
Premium Member
1911s for GOD and Country
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the same boat.

I’m fortunate that I’ve never had a bad Kimber from the factory, my experience has been that the Schwartz safety generally needs either tuning or replacing, more necessary than a S80 style safety, otherwise no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My kimber desert warrior is a series 70 and dang does that sucker shoot!!!!

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,561 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I don't know why there's so much discrimination on kimber, They are awesome and i have never had issues with mine. i got a Pro CDP II and a Ultra. and this one might be another addition to the family, Nice post.
Probably because their output volume is so high, and they had a few issues in the past. I have no experience with their newer models at all.
They moved to an external extractor for a time, and that had issues with many firearms, and then they went back to the internal extractor.
Then they had an issue with out of spec slide stops, and the side stops would pop up on a partial magazine.

I've had a few that were extremely reliable, and accurate. I've also had one that love nor money couldn't get to work.

You'll hear more about problem ones, on Forum's, as folks are looking for a fix.

·
The Tinker
4,481 Posts
Oooh... Cooling vents! :rolleyes:

I've been guilty of slide lightening for Steel Challenge pistols. But even for those I preferred to thin/re-profile the slide rather than drill holes in it if for no other reason other than to keep the dust/dirt/crud out.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The Kimbers I had worked fine. The only reason I refuse to buy any more is that they don't hold their value, and trying to sell or trade for something else down the road can be difficult.

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
652 Posts
My Camp Guard has actually been very reliable over around 800 rounds. The trigger isn’t fantastic as far as 1911’s go but that is more a factor of their choice to go with a Schwartz. It’s a bit loose but nothing I would say is off for a standard production 1911.

In short, I don’t think Kimber does anything worse or much better than other manufacturers at their price point.

Looking at the Rapide how much can you expect at that price point with those features? It’s a good looking gun at a great price point, of course quality/craftsmanship has to give some.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,561 Posts
I'm more of a traditionalist, but I can see where some people would like it.
I agree with you , it doesn't really trip my trigger , bit I can see the race gun crowd liking it . Reminds me of a gun show myself and a fellow addict attended . We walked buy a table and a semi race gun was on display . Squared trigger guard , flat trigger really decked out . As we glanced at it the owner asked if one of us were interested in buying it . One of us said no , I'm more of a traditionalist , not into square trigger guard etc. He just would not understand some people prefer old style . He just kept talking as we kept walking . I would venture to say more people are traditionalist than race gun shooters . But , there's room for us all .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.