I'm disappointed in Glock customer service...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Addicted2gunz, Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Ive had good customer service from Glock. Had some weak slide stop springs on a couple of guns at work and they sent me a handful brand new extra slide stops a couple of months ago, no questions asked. I’ve had other positive experiences too. I’d speak with Glock directly

xerts1191 and Addicted2gunz like this.
  2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    This is the first sentence in post #1

"OK, so this post is meant for nothing more than a rant... I know that I'm opening up a can of worms here, an opportunity for people to trash Glock - but that's honestly not my intent."

Why are people not more supportive and have more empathy for thier fellow addict?

Roehl, limbkiller, FWoo45 and 2 others like this.

3. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    Should have bought a Sig......., Who the Hell said that!

Addicted2gunz likes this.
  4. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    LMAO!!!!! There may be some of those laying around here too....

5. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    Thank you, I appreciate it. We're all here because we love guns, and I have personally learned a lot from reading about other people's experiences. Although this site has caused me to spend entirely too much money, I still love it haha.

Roehl, Old Sea Dragon and HooDoo Man like this.
  6. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Good luck, let us know how this plays out

7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    I hear you, but remember - you're dealing with an idiot in a cubicle....lol They have to give the standard company response to calls like that, just to cover themselves. I can understand where it's disconcerting as hell - I used to deal w/a corporate parrot at one vendor, until I got so fed up one day I jumped about 6 levels over her head and read someone the riot act. Never had to deal w/her again..lol I wouldn't worry about it for a second. Glock can't take it back as a dealer return because the 4473 had already been filled out, so just hang tight - bet they'll do right by you (and understand - this is from a guy that HATES Glocks).

Addicted2gunz and Rick McC. like this.
  8. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You picked the gun up from the distributor? Did you wait to look at it until you got home? I bet he knew it was fudgeed up that's why it was blue label.

9. Wake27

Wake27 Active Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Why would I have empathy? No one forced him to take the gun. He’s stated that he’s not a new gun buyer so it wasn’t from not knowing better, he just got complacent when buying the gun and didn’t actually look at it. He admitted that was his fault.

It’s also a $4-500 gun. It’s not a small amount but it’s not the same as getting something that costs thousands of dollars and is all scratched up. How many people here have spent that much money or more on guns that don’t even work?

And finally, my biggest problem is that even though he states this is just conversation, his title is that he’s disappointed in Glock CS. That’s damn near fake news because he hasn’t even reached out to Glock CS. His dealer sent one email and got a generic response that covers Glock’s ass without actually saying anything. If he sent it in and was forced to pay shipping and/or for repair, then there’d be a legit complaint that fits his title. But right now, it amounts to whining because someone at Glock told someone else that he may be charged but they won’t know until they see it. I’d honestly be pissed if I was Glock because for all we know, they’d take care of it without further question or charging. But until he actually contacts them, there’s a lot of people dog piling on this thread about a maybe, which is bullshit.

At the very least, change the title to being disappointed in their QC and yourself for not inspecting the gun better. At least then it reflects the current truth without jumping to conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILED93, GoetzTalon and 1911_Bandit like this.
  10. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That was good!!!!^^^^

11. IndyExit

IndyExit Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Was this Glocks attempt at a battleworn finish, distressed perhaps?

xerts1191 and Addicted2gunz like this.
  12. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Then he'd be dealing with rust issues.:roll:

Shipwreck likes this.
  13. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Dude I get what you are saying but this forum is like a bunch of buddies compared to most. We say things like we are sitting on a back porch waiting for the ribs to cook while we have a cold one. He was just discussing what has happened so far. If you can't understand that then maybe you need to go to another forum which isn't so friendly.

14. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    All being said, how many dealers will let you field strip a used gun before purchase? NONE that I know of. Roll the dice.

Addicted2gunz and Badabing11 like this.
  15. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I get what you are saying. When something is “new” it should be new. I’ve been bit more than once by the it’s “new” thing at work.

Put in a new piece of equipment, and two days later, outage!!! I know, not gun related. Just making a comment on the word “new” meaning that an item is gtg. I don’t feel like that is the case anymore with a lot of products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ak_in_ca

ak_in_ca Well-Known Member

May 18, 2020
    I ran into that with Sig on a P220 scorpion and refused two sent to the dealer and the third was just awful. You could rub the finish off on the first two with your thumb. The last P220 would jam constantly and was one of the worst guns I've ever owned out of the box. Sigs rep told me "the scorpion wasn't designed as an LE gun" which just set me off because it doesn't matter if its LE or just Joe blow when you pay for a product you expect it to work. Seems like most gun companies have just given up and are cranking out guns as fast as possible to keep up with demand they don't care if they lose you as a customer because another person will just step up and buy it. Manufacturers have figured out that most gun owners will never shoot more than a few boxes of ammo a year and they produce to that segment of the market. Those of us gun guys they figure well likely buy it anyways and replace all their crappy parts with aftermarket. Really sucks that its come down to that but I haven't seen a regular production gun ive been happy with in a very long time

17. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    I have a friend who runs a gun dealership. He claims that if he contacts a manufacturer with a complaint, he can get blown off for weeks or months. He claims customers contacting the manufacturer personally yields much better service.

I hope that holds true for the OP when he contacts Glock directly.

I’m interested in the response from Glock to the customer . I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t get some urgency.

18. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Same thing happened to me about a year ago with a compact Beretta, in a hurry left without inspection my bad. None the less I was miffed about receiving a brand new gun in this condition. I paid for the trip back but to Berettas credit the replaced it with a brand new gun shipped to my door on their dime. Hope Glock takes care of you.

19. Col K

Col K Member

May 14, 2016
    I still have my first Glock, one of the first Model 17s to come into the country. My dealer was a nationally renowned 1911 gunsmith, so knowing his disdain for automatics that weren't tuned 1911s, I first asked him if there was any problem with the design or construction. He shook his head and replied, "I can't find a damned thing wrong with it." That was high praise indeed, so I bought it. I brought it back to him a week later because the slide stop would not always engage on the last shot. He offered me a choice. He could send it back to Glock for repair or he could fix it himself and possibly violate any warranty. I chose the latter. Five minutes later he returned from the back of his shop. He had Dremeled the slide stop notch slightly. It never malfunctioned again. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Glock is no different than any other manufacturer. They dont get always get things 100% right. In your case I would recommend taking the gun back to the dealer, if practical, and have them make good on it. Failing that, work with Glock. They should make it right. You might even post your concerns and photos on one of the Glock forums. The company normally monitors these sites and may even respond to your concerns. I agree with you that the condition of the slide is unacceptable, and I'm saying that as a certified Glock armorer.

20. Hammer

Hammer Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Folks,
    As a Fed now retired, but need to have something to do, and after teaching firearms for 38+ years, I work two days a week at a San Diego Range & Gun Store with two locations. That said, we, too, have seen this slide discoloration on more that a few of the recent arrivals. I've been a Glock armorer and Instructor since the late 80s, and if there's ONE thing I can say about their Customer Service, it's that it has been truly great throughout! Call them YOURSELF and let us know what happens.
    Hammer

Old Sea Dragon and Bugs like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted