I'm just sick! I need to vent...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZArugby, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    This evening I got an email from my bank that I am presently being stolen from via an online transfer to the tune of $7,500. Being after 11:00 pm the fraud Dept at Bank of America is closed until 7:00 am tomorrow morning, and I cannot interrupt this transaction while I watch it going on. It is very likely that I will have the money refunded to me, but I am going to have to close the account, get a new one and have my life seriously interrupted for the second time this year. I am completely pissed right now...

Sorry all. I just needed to vent, my wife is asleep and I don't have the heart to wake her.

2. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned

Oct 31, 2016
    Aggravating as hell.

Hope it gets sorted out quickly.

xerts1191 likes this.

3. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    LifeLok, I hate the fact I have to pay someone to monitor my accounts, but I look at it as an insurance policy of sorts. Totally sucks this happens!

john_anch_ak, Stogies and BenchMonkey like this.
  4. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    I have it. Did not stop it.

5. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    My problem with life lock is that they just use Equifax to monitor your credit. When Equifax got hacked my lifelock was worthless. Lucky for me nobody wants to steal my identity. There's nothing to steal if I keep all my money in 1911's...;)

BigSkyGuy, tac45, stlgecko and 11 others like this.
  6. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'm sure this is infuriating. Thankfully you'll get it back but it's the hassle of it all. Good luck man. Sorry you're going through this.

boatdoc likes this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Have had CC compromised 5 times this year. one card twice and another card 3 times.. The triple play one took me over a month for a replacement card this last time. The banks, CC companies etc.. Can't keep up with these mastermind hackers. They can't stay a step ahead of them, and they aren't even playing in the same league to begin with unfortunately... The internet has been good in so many ways, but at the same time if we aren't careful it can be our demise as well.

Bro. Pappaw and boatdoc like this.
  8. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Thankfully, when it comes to CC's they're not actually stealing money that yet belongs to me so to speak.. I mean if I didn't spend it, I sure as hell ain't paying for it. ;)

Bro. Pappaw and BenchMonkey like this.
  9. danc1996

danc1996 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Also have to watch out for if it is a compromised computer at home or a compromised Wi-Fi. My dad got his home computer (and therefore every other internet connected device) 'hacked' with a nasty virus that kept track of key strokes. Someone signed him up for Google music, stole is cc info, even his Marriott hotel points... was a hassle to get rid of.

Hope your user gets solved faster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bro. Pappaw and FWoo45 like this.
  10. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013

Hope you didn't click on a link.

Every time I have had fraud, Ive never been alerted via email.
    My banks have always called me.

11. Cousin Vinny

Cousin Vinny Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Something is not kosher here. The number on the back of your cc should be a 24 hour service.
    Also +1 on the bank calling, B of A will cover your loss,
    Sons a bitches!

BenchMonkey and FWoo45 like this.
  12. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    @ZArugby sorry to hear that. It is getting harder and harder to keep things away from thieves. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

boatdoc likes this.
  13. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I hate these pos that do this! They should be strung up by their balls! I hope you get through this quickly!

14. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Had the same thing happen to me few years back. Not fun. Even had the name of the guy on the Norwegian Cruise tickets that were purchased. Not a damn thing they could do. Got my money back, but man, I wanted to catch the people who spent all my money. Law enforcement and FBI was worthless.

15. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I have it set up with my bank so that I receive a text for me to confirm any odd transactions. All I do is reply YES to do so.

boatdoc and Kip like this.
  16. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Fire Bank of a-holes, get a credit union account, and monitor yourself via cellphone alerts for every transaction.

cgff and boatdoc like this.
  17. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    sorry to hear.always a big concern as your life savings in stolen and the banks do nothing to stop it. the thieves seem to think bank security is child play to get around and they seem to be right

Bro. Pappaw likes this.
  18. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Right. And by bank...I meant my credit union...

Bro. Pappaw and ZoidMeister like this.
  19. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    at the very least they need his debit card # and his pin or his checking routing #--either way BoA has a serious breach issue. sometime in the future(months to years from now , we will hear about it. way too late for the victims.

20. johnb62

johnb62 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2012
    I hate it that we even have to worry about things like this.

Bro. Pappaw likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted