I'm officially an addict...

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Addicted2gunz, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    I've added 4 more 1911's in the last 4 days, I have been on a spending spree... Now my gun kitty is dry!

1st I bought a new Kimber Eclipse 10mm. I know I've read MANY bad reviews of Kimber, but I guess I need to find out myself! It's not here yet, but here's the stock photo:
    eclipsecustom_flatleft.png

The next day I find this used Kimber Aegis Elite 45acp that PewPewPtwang had for sale on here and couldn't resist:
    20180813_102302.jpg

The following day I have a guy I know wanting my P938 that I had for sale. Well.. He offered me his Colt Delta Elite 10mm for my Sig and a very reasonable difference. I've never had a colt, so again... I couldn't resist!
    20181204_192402.jpg

Now the fourth day (last night) I'm watching an auction on Gunbroker nearing the end at a much too low price. I had been watching the auction for over a week. It was for a beautiful EB Kobra Carry that's grey! I've never seen an all grey one personally. Anyway... There's 30 seconds left and I'm debating... I don't want to watch someone else get this for this cheap! Well, I put in a bid not really expecting to get it. Now I'm very anxiously waiting for this one!!
    Screenshot_20181204-203625_GunBroker.jpg Screenshot_20181204-203616_GunBroker.jpg Screenshot_20181204-203612_GunBroker.jpg

I should have never picked up that first 1911 :eek::eek:

2. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Very nice acquisitions! We’ve all thought that very thing at one time or another, at least I have.
    Nice jump from Kimber to Ed Brown;)

gps man and VETLAG72 like this.

3. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    Well-played! Congrats on all!

VETLAG72 likes this.
  4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I think you'll find that many of those bad reviews are not really "reviews" based on first hand experience, but rather people parroting, and sometimes embellishing upon, the stories that they've heard.

For 1911's around the $1000 and below price range, I've actually had better success with Kimber than comparitively priced Springfield Armory 1911's (e.g. SA Loaded Target). In fact, having to send your new SA 1911 back to SA for warranty work appears to be quite common. Yet, for some reason, the Internet hails SA as the superior 1911 in that price range.

I should add, however, that I've not tried any of the Kimber micros. I've only tried the full size (government) Kimber 1911's.

5. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Congratulations !

VETLAG72 likes this.
  6. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Nothing but good luck with Kimbers here. A full size custom Royal II that was excellent and a Pro Carry II that was nice.

VETLAG72 likes this.
  7. leadfarmer

leadfarmer Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Well sheeeeeeeit, I'm afraid there ain't no cure....
    Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VETLAG72 likes this.
  8. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    cool. you will love 10mm BTW enjoy the ride. start saving again, the addiction will call soon

VETLAG72 likes this.
  9. Mini Me

Mini Me Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018

Couldn’t agree more. I have a few different manufactures in my safe and all have their pros and cons and base my opinions on hands on experience not what some dude says on the net or what I overhear at the local gunshop.

VETLAG72 likes this.
  10. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Micro Kimbers are fun little guns for what they are. I bought the better half a Micro (in .380) and put laser grips on it for her before she had the eye surgeries and then picked up the Micro 9 for a backup truck gun.... I must say that the Micro 9 is more accurate than I thought it would be.

VETLAG72 likes this.
  11. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I also have the Royall full size and a Super Carry Pro. The Pro seems to fit my hand as well as any 1911 I have. It shoots whatever I feed it.

Dwe and VETLAG72 like this.
  12. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I'm showing my wife your post... just so she'll know Its normal for us to do what we do. (buy spree often) :grin:

13. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I wonder if the wimmens has a forum someplace where they lament the costs of their burgeoning collections of purses and shoes . . . . .

Anybody got a link?

14. Lavern23

Lavern23 Glocks r fugly!

Oct 12, 2013
    Nice grabs, i really like that delta and the Ed Brown is looking sharp as well.

VETLAG72 likes this.
  15. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    yeah, they do.
    PMS.com ............... Purses :) Men! :bang: Shoes :)

ZoidMeister, Dwe, leadfarmer and 2 others like this.
  16. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I bought 4 guns in a month once and thought that was something. Within a single week, I'd have to win the lottery:)

VETLAG72 and TheCollector like this.
  17. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I bought 4 guns in a month more than once... and I'm still trying to win the lottery to pay for them!
    :cry:

18. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
  19. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    LOL Thanks, the Kimbers are an experiment! I may love them! The new Eclipse is a crap shoot, but since the Aegis is coming from a well respected Addict I'm confident that one is a solid shooter :)

PewPewPtwang likes this.
  20. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    Yes, I'm sure this is the case - people repeating old stories they've heard. My way of thinking is that I can't bad mouth anything until I've either personally tried one, or possibly if I have personal experience ie: a close friend has/had one.

Mini Me likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted