I'm thinking of doing a substantial sell off . . . . (part 2)

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ZoidMeister, Oct 21, 2018.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    So one of the original goals I had in starting the first thread is to get a general consensus on valuations for one or two guns I will be parting with.

I just don't know, and a couple of these GB will be of no assistance.

Primarily this one.

1917 Colt Commercial - restored finish, period correct grips (I believe), two-tone magazine, with an earlier barrel (1913 - 1915).

Colt 1917-005.jpg

Colt 1917-009.jpg

Here is a recent sale on the barrel that I was fortunate enough to acquire for it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779641228

I appreciate all your input. Please tag anyone you think could give an honest evaluation.

Thanks.

Gary

2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Gary I don't know if you do FB at all, and I know there are a ton of knowledgeable folks on this forum. but I often turn guys to a FB group Called Colt collectors for valuation of such a unique piece of history... Many have not only had luck getting a value on their pieces, but have also been offered a quite substantial amount of money for some of these older guns. I watched a auction one night on a particular Colt site in which an older unfired stub nose Python in original box went for $10,000.00 in less than 15 minutes. Good Luck Sir, I wish you the best.

3. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I avoid FB at most costs. PM me a link because I despise poking around any more than needed.

Thanks.

KS95B40, wcanterbury and Steve Owens like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I get on there very rarely, only because my kids still use it so it's a good means of checking up on them when they haven't called for awhile lol ;)...... Here ya go~! Several of the Gunsmiths belong to this group as well..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/coltcollectorsclub/?ref=group_header

TheCollector and wcanterbury like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted