Improving a CZ trigger

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Dave Jessee, May 5, 2019.

1. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    Like my CZ PCR's. Only improvement I would like to make is in the trigger(s). For sure a trigger reach reduction mod. And maybe a lighter DA trigger pull. Looking at some Cajun Gun Works kits and was wondering if anyone has had tried these.

boatdoc likes this.
  2. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Funny you should ask. I am contemplating on buying a PCR also. Sort of shied away because of the trigger...

3. Maxfield911

Maxfield911 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2015
    You should check out my sdp Black if your looking for a great carry cz.

cgff likes this.
  4. 1811RET

1811RET Active Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I just picked up my PCR after having work done a Cajun Gun Works. Both the double action and single action pulls have improved significantly. I also had them add the Dawson night sights.

boatdoc likes this.
  5. hks1911

hks1911 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    I really like the Cajun Parts. I used the hammer and sear to get my 75B down to about 2 and half pounds. Really great parts.

Greenrunner and boatdoc like this.
  6. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2018
    I have used the Cajun parts for CZs before and it is worth the money, but damn putting them in. It’s like working on a watch. The lifter spring in the sear cage was the worst part in the reassembly.

7. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I've got Cajun parts in my 2 CZ's . The first is an CZ 75sp-01 which I had a gunsmith install them . On my CZ 75D , I did it . As mentioned before , it's like working on a watch . Just take your time and be patient . ( youtube videos really help ) The end-result is well worth the effort .
    Good luck !

Greenrunner and boatdoc like this.
  8. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And sometimes parts don't fit. I've worked on CZ's since 2006. Lots of tiny parts and springs, sometimes it will drive you batty. I recently ran across a safety that was not machined properly, what a blast that was. If you are not familiar with these weapons send it to Cajun Gun Works and save yourself a lot of aggravation. Quite frankly they are going to do a much better job than the do-it your-selfer will as they will also be fitting and polishing parts which no you tube video is going to show you.

Soundguy and Greenrunner like this.
  9. RIS

RIS Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2019
    I installed the kit myself in a CZ P09. From what I understand, their polymer guns are much easier to work on yourself than the metal frames. It was a fun learning experience and very rewarding in the end. A huge improvement both on pull and weight in single and double action.

Mike Meints likes this.
  10. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    cajun gun works parts + experienced gunsmith is my way to go for now. one day, I would like to buy a used cz 75 and try to upgrade it myself. not there yet technically

Greenrunner likes this.
  11. Soundguy

Soundguy Member

Jan 18, 2018
    CGW performed the Pro Carry Package on a P-01 and a 75 Compact for me. The triggers are very good now... the shorter reach really makes the DA pull pleasant for me. The Czechs must have very long fingers!

boatdoc likes this.
  12. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Send it to CGW and get the RRK and Ultra-lite kit installed. Or go big and get the full Pro Package.

You could install the Ultra-Lite kit easily yourself, but it doesn't include the RRK with the 85 trigger. The straighter 85 trigger feels far better than the factory heavily-curved trigger to me.

Soundguy and boatdoc like this.
  13. Soundguy

Soundguy Member

Jan 18, 2018
    A word on CGW... the wait to send mine in for service seemed long, but was shorter than they had estimated. Once in the shop the work was performed rather quickly. Communication was outstanding. I received exactly what I expected.

I highly recommend CGW.

Mike Meints, cgff and boatdoc like this.
  14. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    New P01 omega owner here.

The day I purchased my P01 I cleaned and lubed the pistol and went and fired 300 rounds through it. Trigger got better, not outstanding but better. Ordered the 3 spring kit through the shop I bought it at. While waiting for the kit to arrive I managed another 300 rounds through the gun. Trigger is smoothing up nice but could be better. I Stopped to pick up the spring kit, shop said they would install it, took about 15 minutes. Trigger is really nice now & Ive put another 200 rounds through the pistol and the touch of gritty ness is almost all gone, A nice smooth lighter D/A with an Improved S/A. No idea of trigger weights but comparing it to my Very heavily shot S&W model 10 HB it’s almost identical.
    My P01 is planned for CCW and HD, for its intended purposes the trigger for me is near perfect
    I’m thinking a few hundred more rounds down range and all grittiness will be gone. Spring kit was
    Just shy of 20.00. New LOK grips are on the way, then to settle on sights. With different sights I can see pinging steel on out there.
    These CZs are sweet!

boatdoc likes this.
  15. bvbarry50

bvbarry50 Sarg.

Oct 11, 2018
    It is the most perfect service pistol system IMO. If it aint broke don't screw with it. EAA makes several clones(hunter,elite etc) that will fill any competition need you can imagine. Wolf springs are an improvement to most anything and good ammo that your gun likes makes a huge difference. Mine has seen probably well over 20,000rnds and is still my favorite by far. There is no pistol platform I have ever heard of that even comes close.

ZArugby likes this.
  16. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Sent my P-01 for the pro package and a threaded barrel... night and day worth every cent. My P-01 Omega's trigger from the factory was way better out of the box than the P-01's.

17. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Shadow 2, CZ75B and an all Steel P01 all have CGW Pro Packages installed by them. This is the look on your face first time you open a CZ sear cage....

[​IMG]

It is overly complicated and yes if you take your time you will get it back together but if you are looking to build a precision CZ let them do it IMHO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Journeyman1234 likes this.
  18. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    Put 3000 rounds through it.

19. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Still won't be the same as a CGW Pro Package. I have a P01 with lots of rounds down the pipe and the the 75B or the all steel P01 from CGW is head and shoulders above the stock P01. They definitely get smoothed out some by shooting but CGW is next level. Side by side there is no comparison.

[​IMG]

cgff likes this.
  20. Phil Sprague

Phil Sprague Active Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I have a 75 polymer compact. I have changed the sights (my main complaint especially for old eyes) that made a big difference. I have been considering a trigger upgrade. I've done a lot of my own work on 1911's now I'm not sure on this one. May check out a Smith and check out what I get for my $$$'s.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted