1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an earlier DW today at LGS - a CCO, flawless cosmetics and zero wear on the internal rails, etc., hardly shot in 45 ACP. But it was sporting a 12/14 pound recoil spring and included a single full-size mag - go figure.. Changed the spring to a true Commander spring, grabbed some ball, mags and went and shot after a good clean/lube - it was drier than a bone. Not the first drop of any lube.

Gun ran fine., Front sight is low for me, .150 exactly, but no other issues.

It sports a nicely rounded butt, no trigger undercut and a good enough carry bevel. CCO is stamped on the left slide flat = not another single model marking of any kind. S/N is C0XXXCZ. The Trijicon sights are marked for 2011. They are dead and will need changing - looks like another brass bead front in my future.

Call it black friday or not, but I call it a good find. Hope everyone here was as lucky today!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,000 Posts
useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Found an earlier DW today at LGS - a CCO, flawless cosmetics and zero wear on the internal rails, etc., hardly shot in 45 ACP. But it was sporting a 12/14 pound recoil spring and included a single full-size mag - go figure.. Changed the spring to a true Commander spring, grabbed some ball, mags and went and shot after a good clean/lube - it was drier than a bone. Not the first drop of any lube.

Gun ran fine., Front sight is low for me, .150 exactly, but no other issues.

It sports a nicely rounded butt, no trigger undercut and a good enough carry bevel. CCO is stamped on the left slide flat = not another single model marking of any kind. S/N is C0XXXCZ. The Trijicon sights are marked for 2011. They are dead and will need changing - looks like another brass bead front in my future.

Call it black friday or not, but I call it a good find. Hope everyone here was as lucky today!

I have a CCO and it shoots low as well. I think it is the nature of the beast......

YMMV

Lon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts