IMR 800X 45 acp +p load?

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by JackStraw69, Mar 8, 2019.

1. JackStraw69

JackStraw69 New Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Hey all. I was going to try out loading some 45 super and it looks like IMR 800x is one of the better powders for that application. I was curious if anyone has used it to load +p loads as well. I'll be using brand new starline +p brass, cci large pistol primers, and 230 gr Speer Gold dots.

2. ed plantaganet

ed plantaganet Member

Feb 10, 2018
    While I’ve not used it for this particular application, I’ve used it for others. I can tell you this, when I use it, the charges are thrown using a trickler. The flakes are huge so it doesn’t “meter” well in any of the 3 powder measures I own.

Hairtrigger likes this.

3. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    HS6 worked well for .45 ACP +P.
    As Ed states- 800X meters like crap.

4. Boatbum101

Boatbum101 Member

Mar 9, 2019
    800X is a weigh every charge powder , but does well in stout loads & delivers good accuracy . Personally I like Silhouette , Acc #5 , VVN 340 for these type loads with 230 JHP . All these meter very well .

5. NuJudge

NuJudge New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Ken Waters of Handloader did some work with the 200gr SWC and 800X some 25 years ago. I loaded up his suggested load, and it was accurate, but it was really loud & obnoxious.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted