1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over this morning and spent 90 minutes with the GOAT, talk about easy going, down to earth and just the best guy in the world, Ted is it.

I left my unfired 9mm Commander with him and he's shooting for Q1 of 2022 about 18 months which ain't that bad.

About 90 days out (that's a year from THIS fall) from taking a file to it Ted will call and discuss the build, I'm thinking two/tone, magwell (he makes his own magwells), squared trigger guard w/checkering, Yost front sight and his own handmade grips.

Brown Gun Firearm White Trigger
Brown Khaki Tan Beige Leather
Brown Tan Machine Beige Toy
Brown Hardwood Kitchen utensil Material property Rectangle
Product Brown Photograph Trigger Tan
Brown Tan Beige Rectangle Shadow

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,558 Posts
Sounds like an amazing build. I agree Ted is a down to earth person and a great source for all things 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You have chosen well! Ted is the consummate professional and has been my favorite custom smith to work with. His calendar system and the manner in which he stays on schedule is not only great but very rare in this industry. When I commissioned mine and sent the gun in he said he would put it on the calendar for October. The last week of September I got a call from him and we worked out all the details of the build, and by October 31st my gun was completed and on its way back to me, exactly like he said it would be. He was also great about keeping me in the loop over the course of the build during October, which was much appreciated to quell my excitement.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Brown Text Beige Circle Khaki

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Awesome your gun will be in the same batch as mine. He received it on Wed. I am looking at a Pinnacle Build plus or minus a few things. I am going blued with nitrite blue pins! Luckily I have some time to think about all the details.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.....I'd think seriously about the square trigger guard. Will it fit in a good holster?
Holster?? Now, that's funny, the gun will come out of the safe on Sunday's for a wipe down and a cigar, that's it :roflmaro: :roll: :laugh: :greedy:

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Holster?? Now, that's funny, the gun will come out of the safe on Sunday's for a wipe down and a cigar, that's it :roflmaro: :roll: :laugh: :greedy:
What brand of stogie will the pistol prefer?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
AZguy Just went to my fridge, just pulled out my last Guinness Pub Draft from St. Paddy's day. I wanted a beer just couldn't choose, you made the choice for me.

·
@ptpartners_tx
132 Posts
Nice job on the 9mm. Just picked up 9 guns from Ted. All are claimed but here is a picture one done several years ago. If I don't mess this up. Here are a few pictures of a two tone commander 38 super with a 9mm barrel from Ted that passed through our little after school retail business. The fellow the had the build done is more than pleased with the gun. Just so you know what to look forward to. Best and it is well worth the wait. I will see if I can find a few of squared trigger guards Ted has done and get those posted. Again. GREAT choice
Product Brown Gun Firearm White
Product Brown Gun Firearm White
Textile Strap Silver Leather Still life photography
String instrument accessory Black Guitar accessory String instrument Carbon
Tool Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Shotgun Still life photography

·
Banned
688 Posts
18 months is actually not that bad in the scheme of things. Especially for a quality piece that you'll be able to use for decades. Making me want to send him something....THANKS!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts