1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Photo of the day... checking for even and complete engagement between the hammer and sear.

I'd venture to say that is about PERFECT....LOL. Jason...out of curiosity...do you have your own jig for shaping/stoning the sear nose? Or do you use another, such as Ed Brown, or John Harrison's TRU radius? Or do you just do it by eye? LOL

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024
... Jason...out of curiosity...do you have your own jig for shaping/stoning the sear nose? Or do you use another, such as Ed Brown, or John Harrison's TRU radius? Or do you just do it by eye? LOL
Nah not by eye....

I don't use the "True Radius" parts or fixture, I have an angle I machine the hammer hooks to as needed. From there I use a Power Series 1 fixture to stone my sears... I have a few of the Series 1 fixtures, they work good for me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Jason, what type of sear spring will you be putting in your personal pistol? Please don't tell me you just make your own because it's easier:oops:
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
Photo of the day… some pre-range session pics of the current Colt “Classic” Government Model project gun.

Once the gun is shot and the front sight height is confirmed I’ll start the final details like machining the ball-cuts, rear slide serrations, blending the front sight and inlaying the gold line, de-horn, etc.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks Jason. That’s about as good a recommendation as one can get!
Jeff

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts