1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally arrived :) after missing out on one here and then trying to trade for one I just picked one up last week (or was it this week :dead: ) from the classifieds.

@villdetwink (eric) was a dream to deal with and all addicts should have full confidence in him, quick, easy and full or communication.

My first 1911 with a rail, now to get a single sided safety installed somehow :confused:

Brown Shelf Bookcase Shelving Publication
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Tan
Office equipment Stationery Handwriting Paper product Paper

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Nice and I am jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shot this last night, these STI are really great for the $$. Soft shooting, feels great in the hand and you never get the feeling it's not going to feed and cycle. It feels "Glock-like" in terms of reliability

I'm delighted to own it

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
294 Posts
Do you have any complaints about the grip? That’s the main one I’ve heard. I’m seriously considering one of these. Any more input after more shooting it a bit?

·
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the grips, very comfortable. Maybe for purists they don't like the fact you can't add your own grips to it. I'm shooting it again tomorrow, I'll post some videos and target groupings. If I had to pick one thing it does well, follow-up shots are very easy for some reason it just feels like a cycling failure is impossible.

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
294 Posts
Nice. I just read they could be “slippery” if your palms sweat at all. But I saw a thread about getting the stock grip stippled.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/sti-staccato-c-grip-grievance.77159/

The one from Business End Customs looks great. The other two, apparently done by the company that STI uses, look pretty mediocre IMO. Seems like they were unfinished/not as precise.

Guess the verdict is still out on wether or not it voids the warranty.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Love mine, carry it a lot. Don't mind the ambi-safety on it (or on any of my STI's), whereas I don't like them on true 1911's. The finish is bulletproof, it carries/conceals almost effortlessly, and the grip has grown on me... it's definitely comfortable, though I haven't shot it w/ greasy hands yet.

Best of all, it's a little gun that shoots like a big gun.

I think it's a mistake for STI to only offer it in DUO config for 2020.

·
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best of all, it's a little gun that shoots like a big gun.

I think it's a mistake for STI to only offer it in DUO config for 2020.
I agree with you, it's one reason I hustled to get the older model. There's not many pre-owned for sale - I guess that's cause people really like them

·
...Terminal Addict
1,451 Posts
Glad you are enjoying this one John...
It was a pleasure dealing with you as well.

The C is a fantastic shooter, and I admit, I do already miss that one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts