1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had just shy of an hour to blast some rounds at the indoor range. I hate shooting at this range but it’s the only thing available at the time. It’s the only public range in the area.

Being Public, you get all the $hit bags from the the towns you don’t ever want to visit. Their shooting at 3 yard and it looks like birdshot.

I always ask for the range closes to the door and with only one lane next to me so that way I can keep an eye on the door and the meatballs.

I was able to blast off 500rnds in hour. Mainly to check the dependability of the Les Baer UTC 45 that I bought off @Whiten last week. I want it to be my EDC that goes everywhere.

Well First 200 rounds went from JHP to FMJ. No Issues.

Then I decided to concentrate on what I was doing more than playing.

Here is the target 1 - 25 feet. Each target has 2-3 magazines in it. The top left one I thought I was missing but it was just going in the same hole.

Second Target - 65-75ft.

The top right corner was at 20ish feet and the bottom little targets was at 10-15ft.

I’ve never owned a Baer. I’ve owned a boat load of 1911’s from Wilson, Nighthawk, SACS, Ed Brown, Sig, SW and Ruger.

This Les Baer is insane. INSANE. I’d take this over a Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown and just about everything. It’s shoots as good as my Pro and Custom Carry 10mm

If anyone every doubted buying a Les Baer. Don’t hesitate. The price is a hell of a lot cheaper then Most semi-customs.

It proved to be my new EDC. I love my 10mm Glock 29 that I was carrying but I love 1911’s and this one is a laser beam. I am still shocked at how great of a shooter this is and I’m pissed it took me this long to buy one. If I owned this prior to several other 1911’s I’d probably would have a lot more coin!

Needless to say, it will kill (In the forged I. Fire voice)

Cheers

-Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm happy it worked out for you. That Bear was one of the best shooting pistols I've owned. Maybe I should pick up a 38super or 9mm from Les :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
This thread needs at least one pic of the pistol, here it is when I owned it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
When I got it, my neighbor JT Timmons took it apart to check it out. He said that it was a well built Baer, should shoot like a laser. It needed nothing but some Gunfighter oil and ammo. I would have kept it but my hands wont let me shoot 45 much, this gun needs to be run a lot.

Reactions: Old Sea Dragon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and nice shooting! Les Baer builds an incredible gun for the money. Every time I shoot my LB I’m amazed by how accurate it is.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My avatar is a UTC - this is motivating me to take it for a spin at the range later today.

Justin looks to be at a high accuracy level with the groupings - I can't swing that with my Baer.

500 round sessions will get you VERY familiar with the pistol - that has to help.

Question. Who made the grips? My factory grips are different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts