Indoor Range Trip

Discussion in 'Range Trips & Reviews' started by Justin_Pelletier, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Justin_Pelletier

Justin_Pelletier Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 27, 2016
    Today I had just shy of an hour to blast some rounds at the indoor range. I hate shooting at this range but it’s the only thing available at the time. It’s the only public range in the area.

Being Public, you get all the $hit bags from the the towns you don’t ever want to visit. Their shooting at 3 yard and it looks like birdshot.

I always ask for the range closes to the door and with only one lane next to me so that way I can keep an eye on the door and the meatballs.

I was able to blast off 500rnds in hour. Mainly to check the dependability of the Les Baer UTC 45 that I bought off @Whiten last week. I want it to be my EDC that goes everywhere.

Well First 200 rounds went from JHP to FMJ. No Issues.

Then I decided to concentrate on what I was doing more than playing.

Here is the target 1 - 25 feet. Each target has 2-3 magazines in it. The top left one I thought I was missing but it was just going in the same hole.

[​IMG]

Second Target - 65-75ft.

[​IMG]

The top right corner was at 20ish feet and the bottom little targets was at 10-15ft.

I’ve never owned a Baer. I’ve owned a boat load of 1911’s from Wilson, Nighthawk, SACS, Ed Brown, Sig, SW and Ruger.

This Les Baer is insane. INSANE. I’d take this over a Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown and just about everything. It’s shoots as good as my Pro and Custom Carry 10mm

If anyone every doubted buying a Les Baer. Don’t hesitate. The price is a hell of a lot cheaper then Most semi-customs.

It proved to be my new EDC. I love my 10mm Glock 29 that I was carrying but I love 1911’s and this one is a laser beam. I am still shocked at how great of a shooter this is and I’m pissed it took me this long to buy one. If I owned this prior to several other 1911’s I’d probably would have a lot more coin!

Needless to say, it will kill (In the forged I. Fire voice)

Cheers

-Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xerts1191, Chris O, HOTCHKIS and 14 others like this.
  2. Justin_Pelletier

Dec 27, 2016
    Being able to shoot 500 rounds was easy with 30 mags preloaded.

3. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    That'll do. Nice shooting Tex.

4. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I'm happy it worked out for you. That Bear was one of the best shooting pistols I've owned. Maybe I should pick up a 38super or 9mm from Les :sneaky:

5. pandaman25

pandaman25 Active Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Your 75ft groups are tighter than mine at 10ft. So now I know where I need to progress to.. and it definitely includes a les Baer at some point.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Nice shooting Justin. My Baer's shoot terrific also.

7. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    This thread needs at least one pic of the pistol, here it is when I owned it.

[​IMG]

Dub, Chris O, BigSkyGuy and 4 others like this.
  8. j quan

j quan Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    yes!

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  9. Justin_Pelletier

Dec 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Mike Meints, gaijin, gps man and 6 others like this.
  10. Justin_Pelletier

Dec 27, 2016
    Still can’t believe you sold it. Gun shoots the nuts. Lights out. My buddy shot it after he was shooting his e-series sw and wants one. It goes just about anywhere I go.

BigSkyGuy, Whiten and Jollyroger1 like this.
  11. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    When I got it, my neighbor JT Timmons took it apart to check it out. He said that it was a well built Baer, should shoot like a laser. It needed nothing but some Gunfighter oil and ammo. I would have kept it but my hands wont let me shoot 45 much, this gun needs to be run a lot.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  12. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Beautiful gun, good shooting too!

13. CHS71

CHS71 Active Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Congrats on your purchase and nice shooting! Les Baer builds an incredible gun for the money. Every time I shoot my LB I’m amazed by how accurate it is.

14. Spur1911

Spur1911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2016
    My avatar is a UTC - this is motivating me to take it for a spin at the range later today.

Justin looks to be at a high accuracy level with the groupings - I can't swing that with my Baer.

500 round sessions will get you VERY familiar with the pistol - that has to help.

Question. Who made the grips? My factory grips are different.

15. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    B68446E8-CBDD-4D82-B9A9-130530311B19.jpeg Yep my one & only LB TR 1.5. I shoot it great also and is every way equal to my Nowlin barrel Pro’s.

16. Spur1911

May 30, 2016
    The TR looks great. What distance are you shooting Hotchkis? I like the "One Big Hole" groupings!

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  17. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    That was my outdoor range so the minimum was 10yds and I don't think I stretched it out further.

18. Spur1911

May 30, 2016
    That 10 yard grouping is lookin' good.

19. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Sweetness JP ... that piece has just the right amount of wear on the bluing -- looks marvelous!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted