1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Shot at one for the first time in my life last Saturday. It's the closest FFL and I had a pistol delivered there for transfer that day. 12" of snow on the ground and they offered me an hour of free range time for my transfer fee. I have shot there three times since last Saturday. Today was one of them. For the winter months I love it. I will be shooting there tomorrow. But I have a range behind my house and when weather permits I will be shooting here.

I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
I love my club, Scottsdale Gun Club. I'd rather have a set up in my backyard so I envy you 馃榿

We Are!
While I greatly prefer shooting outdoors and would like to have a personal open-air range, most of my range-time is indoors these days. My membership at a local range gets me early-access on the weekends, so I can avoid much of the crowd that way.

Reactions: Spokes

Registered
When its 4 degrees outside with 6 inches of snow on the ground, I sure appreciate the high dollar Gucci range with 100 yard lanes and a coffee bar that is about 30 minutes from my house. The rest of the year, not so much.

Registered
I have membership in a local indoor range for weekdays only at a pretty low rate for veterans. Use it during Winter and bad weather. Also have a "lease" with 10-11 other people that gives me a place to shoot in warm weather. I much prefer the outside and very seldom see anyone else there, but glad to have the option.

Registered
I shoot at an indoor range frequently. The employees are friendly and it's convenient. The AC is awfully nice during the Texas summer, too.

I can't think of many things better than having your own range. Enjoy it when it warms up for you!

Registered
I love having my own range in the back yard. But here in Michigan with 10-12" of that white stuff on the ground and the temps down low I don't use it as much as I should. Every once in a while even here there's an occasional ummm okay I'll say it idiot. A friend of mine and his wife were over one day to do some shooting. She was always telling my wife and me about how she always has her pistol in her purse and how good she is at this and that so I figured okay she should be able to at least hit a target at ten yards. She has a Glock in 380 and raises her pistol up, weak hand firmly holding her wrist:unsure: pulls the trigger. I'm like WTF??? when I start seeing branches and leaves falling from the trees behind the backstop. Now I have railroad ties stacked up 7ft. high with over 10yrds of sand piled up inside the backstop!
Not sure what kind of CCW class she took nor how she passed but I would feel safe standing in front of her is she were to ever be shooting at me.

Registered
I shot today at the local indoor range 2 miles from my house. It was 37 degrees outside and raining. With the ammo shortage I can often shoot by myself at 9am.

Registered
All I got are indoor ranges, I usually go early to avoid the crowd. Last week I went only myself and another couple were there. Plus side of the virus.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Indoor range on rainy or cold days. My friends outdoor range when it's not. Love shooting steel outside.

Registered
I've never had to wait for a lane at the indoor range, which is sort of surprising. Despite a ton of billboards in the area, a lot of shooters don't even know it's there. The outdoor range is really rustic, and during the season, it's strong with mosquitoes.

Registered
I generally never go to indoor ranges. The noise and concussion is much higher than outdoors, leading to brand new shooters sometimes being intimidated. Plus outdoors you get the chance to train in ways impossible at the inside places. A lot of them won鈥檛 let you practice from the holster.

Premium Member
I'm a member at a nice indoor range in Las Vegas not too far from the Strip. Some of you who come to town for Shot Show (pre-Covid) may have gone there in the past. They have their fair share of out-of-towners but as a member, I get to go on Sunday mornings when only members are allowed in so it's relatively low-key. I'm trying to get a membership at a local outdoor range (near Red Rock) but they aren't accepting new members at this time. A lot of locals go out to the desert and set up targets and practice which is pretty cool. So, Vegas has a few options for most people.

Registered
For the past ten years I have worked as a PT RSO/instructor. 12 lanes 25yd, two at 50yd. and a 4 lane 50' separate room. We take any rifles up to and including 300Win mag and steel and aluminum cased ammo is welcome. We have state of the art air filtration and this summer we get all new target carriers.
Plenty of space, new shooters welcome and we RSO's have been known to lend our personal guns to new shooters along with a handful of ammo.
I have no interest in outdoor shooting unless it is long range rifle.

Registered
For the past ten years I have worked as a PT RSO/instructor. 12 lanes 25yd, two at 50yd. and a 4 lane 50' separate room. We take any rifles up to and including 300Win mag and steel and aluminum cased ammo is welcome. We have state of the art air filtration and this summer we get all new target carriers.
Plenty of space, new shooters welcome and we RSO's have been known to lend our personal guns to new shooters along with a handful of ammo.
I have no interest in outdoor shooting unless it is long range rifle.
Just out of curiosity, have you had your blood lead level checked?

Registered
I鈥檝e shot at an indoor range twice in my life, and both many years ago. I didn鈥檛 care for the lighting at all, and the rules equating to loss of a bit bit of your brass.

I much prefer my outdoor range, and have had a family membership there for over 13 years now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts