Information about Armslist in MN

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by mikemac, Dec 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    First time going to list a 12 gage shotgun on Armslist. Any information would be helpful. Other than Armslist, I don't many opportunities.

2. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Just beware of scammers and watch your ass!

mikemac likes this.

3. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Meet in a public place, to seal the agreement, get a copy of their ID, and I always ask to talk on the phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mikemac likes this.
  4. mikemac

Apr 22, 2017
    No to sound redundant. But what is the matter with having the person come to the house. Phone would be a must. Back in the old days, a person just listed it in the newspaper.

5. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    A lot of shady characters on Armslist. I wouldn't want any of them to know where my house is located with the knowledge that there might be guns there. There are programs that can scan website for phone numbers which end up in databases that are sold to whoever wants that particular information. Unfortunately it's not the old days.

6. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    A newspaper? A newspaper! Oh yeah, I remember those. They had them back in the 2000's. Ah, the good old days.

Babboonbobo and mikemac like this.
  7. mikemac

Apr 22, 2017
    Well I didn't list it yet and maybe not now. What a shame as it is just a shotgun. Standing hard fast for the 2nd amendment.

8. mikemac

Apr 22, 2017
    I did delivered them when I was 12 and now 73, Things have changed.

Mike Meints likes this.
  9. stlgecko

stlgecko I’m just here for the 1911’s

May 24, 2014
    Just meet them at a local gun store, or sell to a local gun store...

10. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    It is a shame and I'm not sure exactly what you're selling but if it's just a shotgun and a few hundred dollars it's probably not worth taking the chance.

mikemac likes this.
  11. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    This^^^^

mikemac and PewPewPtwang like this.
  12. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    This is how I do it. When dealing with Armslist, you can avoid a lot of headaches by simply insisting on FTF transaction at a mutually trusted FFL/gun store. It filters out the scammers and felons.

Babboonbobo and mikemac like this.
  13. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I've had around 18 transactions on Armslist, buying and selling, 3 of them out of State. It's not that hard. Largely, your instinct will tell you when you'll dealing with someone shady. If so, no need to prolong it, just go silent and move on. That's only happened to me 3 times, when I was trying to buy something whose price seemed a little too good to be true. Something told me they were scamming and I just ended the conversation. If I was wrong, I lost nothing.
    I've gone to someone's house to buy a gun and it was a great transaction. If you are that comfortable with the potential buyer, have at it. Because of the moderate incidence of scamming I'd still suggest a public place (gun store, police dept parking lot, large shopping center parking lot, etc). I like Armslist but I work with people (sales and logistics) so I have a pretty quick sense of when someone isn't on the up and up.

mikemac likes this.
  14. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    I would not recommend just a public parking lot. A few years ago we had a combat veteran in his 30's killed in a ****'s Parking lot in West Nashville. It was a gun sale by the victim gone bad or a straight out hit. The victim's brother was with him and by the time he got out of the car it was over. To my knowledge the shooter was never found. Just something to remember.

mikemac likes this.
  15. Yellowsupersport

Yellowsupersport Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Not sure about MN, but in NJ our police department had a formal e-commerce “meeting point” in their parking lot. Always lit, under video surveillance, and outside a squad room of bored patrolmen (it was a boring sleepy town).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikemac and Raven312 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted