close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Initial impressions of the EMP

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Hokie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    So my new (to me) EMP arrived from faawrenchbndr today. I have shot Quack's (when he still had it) on a few occasions and really liked the feel and balance of it. Compared to strapping my Kobra Carry in the VM2 on, this thing is a different beast all together. You definitely notice the -1.5" and 8oz instantly. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it was instantly noticeable. I have smallish to medium sized hands, so the shorter grip is perfect. Greg already had done the exact mods I would run (10-8 rear, single sided EB safety, short Harrison trigger in Ionbond, and Log mags x3). It currently has LD Horned Lizards (which I like, and had on my Kimber), but I've already talked to Chris and have some Alumagrips inbound. Hope to make it to the range to run a few hundred rounds through it tomorrow since I work all weekend. I think I've hit EDC nirvana. :biggrin1:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Very nice Paul, congrats!

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Congrats Paul. Glad you like it. Size and weight make a differance, just ask Mrs. Hokie.

4. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Congrats Paul :thumb:

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Yuck, what a POS. Have you seen all the problems with mine? :animlol:

6. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice work man!! So you got rid of your KC then?

The EMP is an awesome carry gun, im not sure why so many people were unloading there's!? I love me some semi custom's, but I dont think I would ever even consider getting one in a small platform to carry because I would be pissed if i had to use it and it got taken and i dont shoot my carry guns a whole ton.
    Sure, "if it saves your life, then its worth the 3k-6k, yada yada yada" but my EMP runs without a hitch and so does my G19 and all together with mod's I just passed $1,500 for my 2 carry guns and they are finally done and Im content!

7. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats Paul. Looks good bro.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Awesome,.........glad you are satisfied! Knew you would be. :thumb:

Also, I cleaned it very well, and sanitized after it was in MY pants the last time! :rofl:

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats bro! Looks great!

10. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    congrats Paul, I like the looks of the EMPs.

11. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I really like mine. Had it now for a couple of years. Within the last year I've added a couple of personal touches from the SA custom shop and had an IWB rig built for it. It's been relegated as my edc and couldn't be happier. It's a great compact 1911 for carry that can be customized as much as your tastes dictate, both function and fit are perfect for the task. Mine runs like a swiss watch but however was not without a minor issue when I first purchased it. All ball ammo ran 100% and had a little trouble digesting jhp's. Knowing what I do now, I probably could have made it run the jhp's myself. I came to find out after shooting with different ammo, and working up a good sd round myself, I found that bullet shape, and oal's were mostly the likely key to any feed issues. My emp I found really likes a steady diet of shorter oal's of the likes of Fiocchi ammo, and for jhp's, a bullet shape similar to Federal Premium 124gr hydra shock jhp ammo. Working up a shorter oal, being mindful of crimp and pressures, I found a very suitable combo as a sd round.

Having gone thru all the experimenting, customizing, and a good IWB rig, I've reached a very comfortable place with my emp. It's perfect or as close to my opinion of being perfect, as it can be. They aren't a cheap pistol by any stretch, but are absolutely fine in the stock form, and gets the job done admirably. The great thing is it can be as customized as your wallet and choices will allow. It's a great compact 1911 pistol that will allow carry purposes with ease. Light, compact, accurate, and reliable...what more could you ask for!

Hope Hokie you have a great time with your emp, it gets the job done :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  12. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Good looking setup. :thumb:

13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Better your pants than stuffed down Don's. :pound:

Thanks guys. Been wanting one of these for a while.

14. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Yup. Sold it to kuma, used the cash for the EMP and a new MacBook Pro. Couldn't be happier. :thumb:

15. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats Paul :thumb:

16. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Both excellent choices Paul! I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You can shoot mine anytime. :nod:

17. Craig19

Craig19 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Looks good, congrats!

18. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats bro!

19. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Congrats Paul! That is a really sweet pistol. You'll love the Mac too....

20. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks great! I've yet to handle one but I've heard good things. I hear the grip size difference needs to be felt to be believed.

Andy

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted