INSANITY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drgracin72, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I started the insanity 60 day workout plan tonight..... HOLY SH_T....... I didn't realise how out of shape i was. I played a few years of college football, and this thing just whooped my ass harder than anything i've ever done. Anyone else done any of these, and what kind of results did you see?

2. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Got Guns, Got Freedom Supporting Addict

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm a mere weakling and am getting hurt by the P90X, good luck though.

3. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I bet my daughter two bucks that i could do five pushups. I almost lost. I'm glad i didn't say six:rofl:

4. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    i would consider it insane to try insanity

5. Greay Man

Greay Man New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Did the P90X thing for about 6 months and was very much out of shape when I started. I eventually did get bored with the routine and the guy's repetitious one liners. I was working out everyday after work for about an hour and 15 minutes. As a result I did lose a pants size back down to 36 from 38 and have more energy. However, I did suffer a pretty decent foot injury and took a few months off. Now, I simply work out two-three times a week for 45 minutes and incorporate some, not all of the stuff on the tape with other cardio routines to keep it interesting.

Good luck!

6. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    did the second workout last night and oh my damn.... cant hardly move this morning

7. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Now your getting into my passion.

I started P90X 18 months ago and dropped 30 lbs about 9 months into it I incorporated Insanity. Now I'm doing the P90X2 as well as the other two, mixing 'em up every day. i really enjoy doing the work out at home and I have seen a huge change in my abilities and energy.
    It was the motivation at first but my wife and I did it at the same time and she kept me going, now that I've seen some serious results its good self motivation!!

keep it up and drink lots of water!

8. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I treat my body like a temple, my wife then says "ya a temple of doom!" With Chris's comments regarding the P90X I might try it.
    Bill

9. tpdtopcop

tpdtopcop Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Started P90X on June 1 2010 and I am still doing it with insanity mixed in and lost 127lbs and gained a ton of muscle. Good luck with it.

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Need to start P90X again,.........
    Going to start running very soon, going to do my second Marathon
    September in Colorado.

11. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    You guys are doing great! keep up the good work. Awesome to read stories like these

12. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Better than having you see us, no offense... ;)

The Doc said I'm doing awesome.

13. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    ive done nothing but cramp all day long.... im seriously thinking of taking tonight off, and hit it again tomorrow. Ive been drinking a **** ton of water, and stretching everytime i stop, and my legs are just constantly cramping up

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Banannas,.........at LEAST one a day

15. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    been doing that and a couple gallons of water... was better today. today was the easier workout, and it still whooped my ass. who would have thought you could sweat a lot with just stretching.

16. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    His warmups are worse than most exercise!
    Do his upper body work out! It has more cardio than any P90x work out! It's what I did yesterday! Today will be Kempo karate and some some weights!

17. rahrah12

rahrah12 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Once you start cramping it is too late to hydrate...just make sure you are constantly drinking throughout the day and your "hydration" will catch up to what you are losing every day...

Also look into taking in some electrolytes - pedialyte works well.

If you can start weighing yourself before ad after your workouts and make sure you are taking in enough fluids to get back to your before weight...

18. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    So, are you hanging in there? I did cardio power this evening and figured to bump this thread.

19. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    wont be able to hit quite as hard this week due to having the kiddo all by myself. will do it whenever i can squeeze in about 45 minutes... should probably put the computer down

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted