close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SOLD Insight M3 Lights

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by John Ryder, Sep 29, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I have two M3 lights I want to sell. I bought one of these back when they first came out and another not longer after...for some reason. I want to switch to Surefire X-300's, and since it's too much trouble to take my Dawson adapter in an out, I just want a second SF light.

Neither of these lights has really been used. I tested about 100 rounds with the lights attached to make sure they didn't induce a malfunction, other than that, they've only been attached.

I have the case for both lights.

Price - $60 each shipped in the 48 states by USPS.

ETA - One light has Sold

Payment - USPS Money Order

Batteries NOT included.

Not looking for trades and not looking for lower offers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ I just wanted to say "GLWS" - and add.......

For those who are on-the-fence:

These aren't bad lights at all - sure, they're incandescent, but they are shock-isolated: I've had thousands of rounds on my M6 (which is virtually the same light, only with a laser slung underneath), and a couple of hundred through both of my M3s (as with the OP, I also don't know why I'd bought so many, back in the day), all of which are two years or so older than my daughter (who is now 5 and 1/2), and they're all just fine. Truthfully, if you're bargain hunting, I think it's better to have these "old tech" lights, rather than to rely on the low-cost knock-off LEDs that are on the market today: at least these are proven, and come from a known-quantity make.

They offer plenty of light for indoor situations (where too-bright can actually be of a disadvantage), especially if your eyes take better to the warmer hues of incandescent lighting.

And sure, the beam isn't as perfect as Surefire's orange-peel, with visible artifacts in the hot-spot, but the hot-spot as well as the overall corona is pretty much as wide as that of an incandescent E2Ds, and that's more than enough to ID the BG, or to shoot with.

Another added plus is that there are lots of holster options available for this light, since it's been on the market for so many years now. Pop one on your HD handgun and then pop it into a cheap (but nice) Safariland holster, and it's ready-to-go even as you grab it out of the safe.

3. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks for the break down.

Bump with a price drop and I do have both cases.

4. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
  5. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    What kind of batteries do they take?

6. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
  7. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    M3s are quality lights. I had one back in the day on my G23. Liked it a lot.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I use one for HD use on my HK P2000

9. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
  10. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Both lights have been sold, please close thread. Thanks

Thread Status: