1911 Firearm Addicts banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
AND the ignore button gets clicked... thank you much!

Welcome to the club of ForesterPumice and ligocally. Hope y’all have a great time!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Any instructor recommendations in the Philly area?

How about further out, but within a days drive of the Philly area?

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,927 Posts
Any instructor recommendations in the Philly area?

How about further out, but within a days drive of the Philly area?
Larry Vickers always does one or two classes in PA. Check his course calendar

Reactions: B81

·
Registered
13 Posts
The shortlist below is shooting schools I've gone to and would recommend. There are also several instructors/schools that I've gone to and would not recommend, but I'm not in the business of trash talking and will not mention them. I would still like to take classes from Chuck Taylor, Bill Jeans, Rob Haught, Ken Hackathorn, and many others.

In no particular order.

Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch
Paul Howe - CSAT
Kyle Lamb - Viking Tactics
Kyle Defoor - Defoor Performance
Northern Red - Cadre
Pat McNamara - TMACS Inc
Larry Vickers - Vickers Tactical

·
EX-IDF Special Forces
187 Posts
coming soon to a range near you or you could just buy one and shoot anywhere, any paper target, any distance. That's what we're developing right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This idea of this thread is very good. I wish the moderator would start one and make it a sticky. In the gunsmithing forum there is a state by state list of great gunsmiths. Creating a database of competent training instructors would be very helpful. Having feedback from participants will also be valuable. Because sometimes training classes are not what they are advertised to be. A couple of months ago I attended a two day training class. It was supposed to teach you how to shoot fast. We were required to bring 1000 rounds. I thought great, a lot of trigger time training on how to shoot fast. Well day one we barely shot 275 rounds. There were too many students, the class was unorganized, and the instructor (who was a super nice guy) pontificated way too much. Day two was not much better. I ended up leaving 2 hours early. I emailed the instructor providing feedback and never heard back from him. And he is a very well known instructor. If the class is going to deep dive into strategy and shooting philosophies that's fine, just don't advertise a lot of trigger time. This week I am going to The Sig Academy in New Hampshire for their Handgun 104 class. I will report back after I've completed it.

·
EX-IDF Special Forces
187 Posts
This idea of this thread is very good. I wish the moderator would start one and make it a sticky. In the gunsmithing forum there is a state by state list of great gunsmiths. Creating a database of competent training instructors would be very helpful. Having feedback from participants will also be valuable. Because sometimes training classes are not what they are advertised to be. A couple of months ago I attended a two day training class. It was supposed to teach you how to shoot fast. We were required to bring 1000 rounds. I thought great, a lot of trigger time training on how to shoot fast. Well day one we barely shot 275 rounds. There were too many students, the class was unorganized, and the instructor (who was a super nice guy) pontificated way too much. Day two was not much better. I ended up leaving 2 hours early. I emailed the instructor providing feedback and never heard back from him. And he is a very well known instructor. If the class is going to deep dive into strategy and shooting philosophies that's fine, just don't advertise a lot of trigger time. This week I am going to The Sig Academy in New Hampshire for their Handgun 104 class. I will report back after I've completed it.
You should check the IMI Academy in Florida. You'll get 100% practical stuff, zero Hollywood bs.
https://imi-flac.com/

·
Denizen
82 Posts
Folks I've trained with in the last year or so, that I would highly recommend:

Ernest Langdon/Langdon Tactical Training
(2-Day Tactical Pistol Skills course)

Bill Rapier/AMTAC Shooting
(Compact Carbine Deployment course)

Raul Martinez & Joel Marks/ Fieldcraft Survival
(Gunfighter Pistol course)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I came into this thread looking for an Armorers course and it turned out to be a d#%& swinging contest.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts