Integrity arms - Feedback

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by ZArugby, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    I know what it’s like starting your own business from scratch. The effort and stress you go through, scraping out the thinnest of margins, beating the bushes for new business to grow, trying to learn the back office stuff which can kill a business in a year or less,etc. Having a few quality referrals can be the difference between becoming “blah” or ascending on your path.

I just had some work done on a 9mm Silverback by Steve. The gun was all over the place unlike any Silverback I have owned and I just couldn’t pinpoint the cause. My groups were twice the size of groups I get with any of my other guns.
    I spoke with Steve about it and he started to diagnose it on the phone when we just bit the bullet and had the pistol shipped to him. I didn’t need any aesthetic work - just sort out the erratic accuracy problems.
    Anyway after checking various dimensions and tolerances I guess Steve found the gun to be out of spec and and set to work, re-profiling the barrel legs, hard fitting a new bushing and a couple other adjustments. He can say more about this. Range tested and he shipped it back in few days. Steve was constantly talking to me through the project updating me, and engaging me in the process. I felt like I was in his shop with him going through it in my own hands. I have had custom work done before by others, but this was a very positive experience and I can’t just quietly go on without speaking up. Steve rocks!

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Nice review, Steve is a wonderful guy, he did some work on My Wilson Combat Stealth and he was quick and fairly priced.

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Thanks guys, the long and short of the Silver back was no lower lug engagement at all, initially I fit a smaller link and Barrel bushing and test fired again lightly with much better accuracy.

However, this would of been a short term fix the upper lug engagement was still good, but there was no hard contact. So, welding the barrel lugs and fitting another link seemed the correct measures to permanently fix the issue.

Really was satisfied with the end results, not ideal to have to weld up lugs and I could of fit a new barrel, but that’s a hard pill to swallow on a gun just purchased that still had potential with a lot of life left in the barrel.

Everyone I’ve worked with thus far has been great folk, doesn’t surprise me though as I’ve already met some of these guys in person and that seems to be the case with many on this forum. We have some of the best peeps in the world on here bar none.

4. Combat Weapon Systems

Combat Weapon Systems Gunsmith

Mar 31, 2019

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted