Registered
8,928 Posts
great job by 2 wonderful and talented gunsmiths

lucky you Fred

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve only had the pistol for a few hours thanks to BS on the part of my FFL. But that’s a story for another day. My initial observations are that the pistol may look at first quite uncomplicated. And that’s true but far from simple. The more you look the more u see how Steve was able to pull together some different aspects. For example the integrated rear Bowmar a rear sight I really like with the elegant arrow cuts to the front gold bead is classic but new. The heavy bevel on the slide pulls the slide down into the frame. The golf balls speak for themselves but are highlighted by the other parts of the gun. Ok I’m done until I get this sucker to the range. Now I’m just holding on to it like it’s a baby. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,412 Posts
Looks absolutely awesome!
Love the slide NHC Classic like treatment and RCS.
Congrats to the owner and to @pistolwretch and @Steve Owens Owens.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,469 Posts
Wow! That is bitchin! Congrats on a phenomenal gun. Are the RCS cut with a ball end mill? Maybe it's just my phone but it looks like it and I really like the look.
Yes, it was part of the attempt to pull the slide and frame together. Staying with a classic spacing and slender lines as possible while adding the balls, for the golf ball front strap.. This and the heavy bevel, were a must for this I think..

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Everything about that build is great, I like the fluted chamber, and the top slide treatment along with everything else. Nice gun enjoy that one, both Smith's did a great job on that one.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I completely agree. Very good thinkin on your part. I'm pretty sure that I saw a couple pics of the slide in your thread. I really like the look. The gun doesn't necessarily have two themes, just the transition from the slide top down to the grip treatment, is very tastefully done. This sounds like another one of those moments when the gunsmith has ideas that I never would've dreamt of. Killer job Steve!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts