1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 4152 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an EMP4 in 9mm I purchased this gun the very first month it hit the market and a year later they introduced the contour carry, which significantly reduced the value of the reg 4" So, I decided to bobtail the gun myself. The majority of the work to this was mostly cosmetic with the exception of a trigger job and some tuning of extractor and ejector. The gun was then refinished with duracoat, this has been well over a year and buyer is still happy with the finish.. Night sights replaced the horrible sights these guns come with as well. And I customized the original grips..
EMP4-3.jpg
EMP4-4.jpg
EMP4-5.jpg
EMP4-6.jpg
0127180013.jpg
EMP4-1.jpg
EMP4-2.jpg
EMP4-7.jpg
EMP4-15.jpg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was our very own Babboon bobo's project, he done the asthetic work as far as the machining, and I fit beavertail, magwell, did action job, and some other cosmetics as well as the black/blue bluing. Hand checkering and magwell was an s&A profiled ro look like an Ed Brown one piece.
ATI 001.JPG
ATI 002.JPG
ATI 005.JPG
ATI 006.JPG
ATI 028.JPG
ATI 012.JPG
ATI 023.JPG
ATI 024.JPG

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan on keeping a good update of before and aft pics beginning the first of the year...Next is a Valor.
FS .45 vertical impact surface needed love on this gun, WC flat trigger was a PITA to install lol. But that along with a tr trigger job, this gun turned into a nice shooter, .0005 clearance on bushing .. Live round cut added, disco cut.. Nighthawk trigger well treatment.
AJ's Valor Completed 003.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 007.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 011.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 014.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 015.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 017.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 018.JPG
AJ's Valor Completed 021.JPG

·
Dremel jockey
4,508 Posts
Great stuff Steve!
You now need an actual website.
Facebook works for some but implies a lack of professionalism.
I've been using www.web.com for years with good results.
Cheap and complete with 'tools' to build your own site.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another Valor but a commander 9mm one of my best to date I believe stupid accurate gun, this gun got the works internally and externally. I know many of you have seen these pics, but I wanted to start the album.. With some current pics there are more but, pics were all done on the phone and are not really usable.
Valor Commander SS 021.JPG
Valor Commander SS 022.JPG
Valor Commander SS 025.JPG
Valor Commander SS 026.JPG
Valor Commander SS 029.JPG
Valor Commander SS 005.JPG
Valor Commander SS 006.JPG
Valor Commander SS 007.JPG
Valor Commander SS 004.JPG

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great stuff Steve!
You now need an actual website.
Facebook works for some but implies a lack of professionalism.
I've been using www.web.com for years with good results.
Cheap and complete with 'tools' to build your own site.
Thanks Chuck, Yeah I got a lot more work ahead of me on the business aspect for sure. I will probably have a FB too, and some expenses will have to wait, as I still need a few tools and other items.. I still haven't got my business cards done yet, and I gotta get my FFL stamp as well.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Shocker2000 recommended that, I was very happy how they turned out for sure..
Remember this early mockup Steve? One of many. I won't post my wild color mockups. ;) You did a fantastic job with execution.

On second thought, it might be fun for people to see our behind the scenes brainstorming on this pistol. I was just helping Steve visualize a finished product. These aren't professional mockups.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think that card looks cool.
It's a photo of the FS Valor I did for WWB.. Ended up being about perfect for the space I thought.. I still need to work on a Letter head, but I think I may just use the bottom part of the card. And have a stamp made..

1 - 20 of 4152 Posts