Integrity Arms~! Photo Gallery..

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Integrity Arms, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I am open to suggestions for a good match grade 9mm ammo and a 38 super, for accuracy testing. I shot some blazer, Fiocchi, and Sig ammo through that 9mm and the Sig and blazer stuff was total trash for accuracy. The Fiocchi, and the American Eagle both did pretty well.

Infidel4life11 likes this.

2. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
  3. mbacker_99

mbacker_99 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Let me look around. I might have an extra box of each I can send your way.

FWoo45 and Integrity Arms like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That would be killer. Amazing how varied this Ammo actually is.. some of it was shooting a golf ball sized group then you change Ammo and get a nickel sized group.

They do have it by the case, but can't afford that extra expense at the moment I've spent too much the last few months.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Uncle Bob and Infidel4life11 like this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    TBH the performance I am seeing out of some of this Ammo is pretty shocking. Stuff that isn't cheap, labeled Elite, or marketed as top notch Ammo and its as inconsistent as can be. Anyone that reloads realizes how much consistency really does matter.

Dub, simonp, Infidel4life11 and 2 others like this.
  6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Really pleased with the outcome today, I am getting more and more consistent on the barrel fitting and it's really starting to show. I could of ended all of these targets after the first few shots and showed a smaller group, but where is the fun in that. What is great is these pistols were both 100% reliable and there is still polishing work to be done on the ramps, barrel throats and chambers, so they will even feed and run more smoothly when those areas are buffed up. Time to flush cut and crown barrels and finish up on the prep, then it's off to finish with 6 pistols next week. You all know who you are. Also have someone lined up to help me photograph this batch when done and I think she is going to be able to help me a bunch with my photo taking ability and seems to think my light box which I considered burning could still work that we just need to restructure a few things and maybe add a few more lights or tricks. Then I need to before to long get a spec gun off to Mark Cash of Texas Patriot Arms and have him photo one for me soon..

7. OldCuz

OldCuz FREEDOM IS NOT FREE Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    I have some match grade 9mm I came across the other day. I'm out of town now but I'll check on it and PM you when I get back home.

8. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Meant to tell you today @FWoo45 that now that we know this pistol shoots as good as it looks, I wanted to let you know that it is also very, very comfortable to shoot and very much a blast..
    Btw since I started gunsmithing I have actually gotten to be a horrible shot. I used to be able to sand bag rest and get this kind of grouping, but not no more.. I am lucky to hit hardly anything off hand. I really need to get back to my first love of shooting more often. With ammo as it is it's a bad time to be thinking about that, but I sure do miss it. The only time I shoot is when I am function and accuracy testing, and that is work, not fun lol.. But, I get to shoot a lot of different stuff.. And then there are the guns that come in for finish only that I don't shoot.

Dub, simonp, Riflecrank and 4 others like this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That'd be awesome. The 45 is usually easy to come up with, but tbh wasn't really sure what in 9mm was best to use. Or 38 super for that matter, but both of the factory ammo's used yesterday seemed to be very acceptable.

10. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I really hope by this time next year that I can ha e a small large and a surface grinder in here. Whew Crowning these 9mm and 38 super as well as bull barrels by hand is a lot of work. I really don't like what I make an hour on this part of the job. Lol
    Then the hand polishing would go a bit quicker if I started with a light surface grind first.. 00A339C1-6633-488F-914B-C3E9890A3719.jpeg 1FBB69BE-6308-49AA-88AA-CDA7B136DBE2.jpeg CA023A17-04E7-486C-A0A4-4F325BABA180.jpeg

1L26, Dub, Jimhoag and 14 others like this.
  11. OldCuz

OldCuz FREEDOM IS NOT FREE Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    ^^looking sweet^^

12. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Back at it.. Hoping Monday-Tuesday off to DLC... Some polishing and clean up of some critical areas. Ran great with rough ramp and throat now it should run outstanding. 795BB277-1EAF-40D2-A61A-88235066C876.jpeg 707A439F-E6EB-4548-96BD-DD901EC7379C.jpeg

Dub, Jimhoag, Infidel4life11 and 10 others like this.
  13. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Roll Marks on this Colt weren't bad, but some areas were a little faint so in order to salvage without engraving the slide had to be protected through the whole process. 52167C99-4249-44F0-9DD5-2156E180B5F7.jpeg

1L26, Dub, Jimhoag and 13 others like this.
  14. mikes250r

mikes250r Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2018
  15. mikes250r

Feb 25, 2018
    Is that one destined for DLC ?

Dwe and Integrity Arms like this.
  16. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep..

Dwe and FWoo45 like this.
  17. mikes250r

Feb 25, 2018
    Dang sure looks like it’s ready to go!

Integrity Arms likes this.
  18. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Went from 7 pistols down to 5 as one is shelved waiting on a needed part, and the other just ended up being a bit much to add to this batch, so I'll put it in with the next round. Looks like I am going to make it to the finisher on Monday like I had hoped. 5 ready for the blasting cabinet tonight and tomorrow. And since one of them is hard Chrome I may have to change to my more course media for that one... So, I have a Springfield A1 loaded dual caliber 38 super/9mm full build, a Colt MKIV Government 45 acp Full build, a Les Baer 38 super monolith, a Dan Wesson Vigil dual caliber 38super/9mm that was duty treated, and a Les Baer Thunder Ranch I believe it is in 45 acp... All of these off to finish on Monday, then I will spend a few days polishing up small parts, cleaning up the shop, prepping invoices and build sheets, going through the books looking for next in line, contacting those folks, and then picking up everything, reassemble, re-install or install sights, a few rounds through with the sights on, photos, packing everything up and then shipping.. Wow, just when you think your crossing the finish line, look at how much work is actually still left to do.. I am really grateful that all my clients seem to understand how time consuming this process is. 5E7AC858-41FA-4B03-9D21-A57FC593E7BF.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  19. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    3 down and 2 to go. Then clean up, touch up critical polished areas, box up for finish. Looks like I'm going to make it tomorrow. Then tbh, I think I'm going to take 1 day off and go shooting.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted