1911 Firearm Addicts banner

3141 - 3160 of 3316 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,141
Well several hours fitting and blending to the slide, cutting a slope, and pinning to the slide, chamfer, then re-milling the border cuts on top of the slide all the way through the sight, and it's finally ready to send out to have the tritium insert installed with the orange ring. One time consuming and expensive sight for certain..
89293119-96E1-43E1-A09D-E3FE714CD5A9.jpeg
CF40CEE7-A53D-42E2-96F5-29DC5642F77A.jpeg
43FAB424-A4EE-4BC3-952A-CF0FAEDD3A21.jpeg
6D809BB2-D501-407A-AF27-4E3741B55763.jpeg
05859EDE-4A4F-4C56-BD59-985A0AA4195E.jpeg
669FCF19-91FC-41C3-80A4-A0DC838F329F.jpeg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
9A31BC05-5ED9-42E2-9C7C-1F055A68FE81.jpeg
5A7658AB-EAA2-46F3-8CAB-EC2613DDD995.jpeg

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not mine either. Man, you are one cool cucumber. That had to have been a bit uncomfortable to get done right! Great work!

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,146
Re-setting a cut is the most difficult thing to do, cause nothing ever seats back in the second time like it did the first, and I had to use an entirely different cutter than I did the first time. It was the same angle, but a different tool altogether, cause I had to reach over the sight to cut the left side border. So, while I used the numbers to get close I actually put the cutter in the existing cut, and lined it up by eye. After indicating it on the fixture and into the vise that is. I didn't take out but about another .005-.008 but it was enough to blend and pull it all back together. @Limited 10 no doubt a big pucker factor.. Wrong cut there would of ruined a ton of work already accomplished. Now to sit back and wait 8-10 weeks for the lamp to be installed lol.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,800 Posts
Impressive, we'll done ;)

Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,148
When it rains it pours Literally.. My well pump line has busted somewhere between my well and my house. The line is under ground in a 3" pipe.. I am not sure if it is something I can fix by myself or not, but I sure the Hell hope I don't have to dig the dang thing up... Especially not this time of year. So, there goes any plans I had for the next few days and Appliances are due here on Tuesday. No way my wife will go without running water for more than a day or two max..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,151
This is one of those things that can be a little, medium, or big...BIG Problem. Won't be able to really assess things until daylight when I can get into the well house and into the pit to check the pump fittings. It really all depends on how the line was actually ran. It's coming through the basement in a 3-4" pipe along with another conduit for the electrical supply and a small, what I think is a vent pipe. If the line is actually busted, I just hope the 3-4" pipe runs all the way to the well house which is about 35 feet. (Which is the way I would of done it) But, could be the 3-4" pipe only runs through the foundation wall, and needs dug instead of fished out. Or it could be the fitting at the pump itself cracked or broke (that's the little big problem) the medium is we can fish a new line, the big is we have to dig the whole darn thing up. Sidewalk and all.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Unless there's a termination cap on the inside of your foundation wall you should be able to shine a flashlight into the pipe the see if it's just a 12"~ section or not. I'd be shocked if it was a short section but you never know.

Hoping it's something simple.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,153
Dam wouldn't you know the Covid has every plumbing contractor in the area backed up for weeks if not months and two of the 10 I called said they either had a torn rotator cuff, or a broken clavicle. So, I think I might of located the problem at least I hope I did, and it's not a split line. But, I have to wait for my wife to come back to help me Prime the pump. But a line kind of just popped off at the well pump when I uncovered the lid and stepped inside the encasement the main water suction or pressure hose popped right off, so I had an extra clamp but, while tightening it I snapped the head of the bolt off. and while it still appears to be holding I will definitely need to replace that. So, any who I turns it back on and the pump starts to run and I can feel a vibration in the pressure tank hose, but no water. So, now I am guessing the pump may need primed, however if it does have a split in the line it wouldn't suck water up either. I so hope and pray that it just needs primed.. I do have a guy coming sometime today just not sure when he is going to make it, well at least he said he would make it.. Hopefully, Covid don't catch up with him before he gets here.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you had a split in your underground horizontal line you'd see evidence of this at either end of your sleeve pipe (assuming it runs full length). If it doesn't run full length then a camera won't help.
It also sounds like your pump isn't submerged in your well. Again post pics, I know there's a plumber or two on this board.

;)

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,158
Well the Old Dog still has skills. I got it fixed myself.. thanks for all the input guys. Ended up being something a lot more simple. Sometimes you win 1 lmao.. Thank God, I really needed this to be easy and cheap..

3141 - 3160 of 3316 Posts