1911 Firearm Addicts banner

3781 - 3800 of 3819 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Steve, is that a stock DW frame? Or to put it another way, is the frame your measuring stock or is the checkering custom? Trying to make sure I understand the baseline. Pretty thin for sure! You're machining and overall craftsman skills are up to it I'm sure but I understand why you wouldn't want to mess with that!

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,784 ·
Steve, is that a stock DW frame? Or to put it another way, is the frame your measuring stock or is the checkering custom? Trying to make sure I understand the baseline. Pretty thin for sure! You're machining and overall craftsman skills are up to it I'm sure but I understand why you wouldn't want to mess with that!
That is a stock Dan Wesson frame. It's plenty of meat left there as is, but not enough room to remove more for a proper undercut..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,788 ·
One step forward and three steps back.. First my laptop, now my powerfeed on the mill. And wouldn't ya know since I decided to get an import the only place to get a replacement gear is China.. So it will be here by June 1... I ordered 2 just because and ordered from two different sellers in case one of them shipped a little faster than the other.

So, back to the old hand cranking for awhile. I was just really starting to like that power feed. Stupid mistake, was all my fault, but sure does seem like when it rains it pours. Just now getting back to about 75-80% and now to deal with other things.

Also a lot of parts and supplies I ordered 2-3 weeks ago and I am still getting no shipping details. So, I write an email to a few of them and get the Corona Virus Excuse again. So, I guess I'll hurry up and wait..

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
One step forward and three steps back.. First my laptop, now my powerfeed on the mill. And wouldn't ya know since I decided to get an import the only place to get a replacement gear is China.. So it will be here by June 1... I ordered 2 just because and ordered from two different sellers in case one of them shipped a little faster than the other.

So, back to the old hand cranking for awhile. I was just really starting to like that power feed. Stupid mistake, was all my fault, but sure does seem like when it rains it pours. Just now getting back to about 75-80% and now to deal with other things.

Also a lot of parts and supplies I ordered 2-3 weeks ago and I am still getting no shipping details. So, I write an email to a few of them and get the Corona Virus Excuse again. So, I guess I'll hurry up and wait..

Ouch!! Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
908 Posts
While there certainly are instances where this applies, I feel like it has become the "catch-all" excuse for sloth in general.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,796 · (Edited)
Beavers, Beavers and more beavers... Some fitting and blending on another one in this batch, slowly but steadily making progress. Got to cut grass today and got my power feed back up I think, haven't completely tested yet, but I think she's good to go. New gear and everything went together smoothly.

A little different request on this blending the client asked that the grip safety be blended in the up position top and bottom. Normally I blend the bottom engaged and top disengaged. This one is still blended in the engaged position but blended to line up on top and bottom of tangs when disengaged.. Also blended around trigger guard and msg catch flushed. Some magwell blending after the grass gets cut. Already fit a new kart barrel in this pistol.
8993EBEA-84C6-4355-B07F-F73C2813C1D6.jpeg
EBE50824-D1F4-4329-94FB-B4C75D5C8852.jpeg
C268F018-13D0-43AC-AE89-626D8B405B72.jpeg
F9E92FD5-D339-471F-A43E-99196C002466.jpeg
9DC5FF1F-77B3-44AD-BF03-B32EDE11574C.jpeg
07AED06D-8813-4EDA-A59C-51B55E84AEE0.jpeg
CD243467-9007-4499-AA72-37011B490818.jpeg

3781 - 3800 of 3819 Posts