1911 Firearm Addicts banner

3921 - 3940 of 4019 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
One last but, not least pistol to test fire and complete final touches for DLC.. A Carry Commander 9mm Colt. I actually started this pistol first, but ironically because of engraving and a few other details I'm wrapping it up last.
Steve you have been as busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!!!! Good job and thanks for letting us ride along.

·
Registered
355 Posts
One last but, not least pistol to test fire and complete final touches for DLC.. A Carry Commander 9mm Colt. I actually started this pistol first, but ironically because of engraving and a few other details I'm wrapping it up last.
I bet it will be an outstanding shooter, like everything you put out. Thanks for all the progress photos on all the builds, it is very interesting and educational to get to follow along

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,923 ·
I bet it will be an outstanding shooter, like everything you put out. Thanks for all the progress photos on all the builds, it is very interesting and educational to get to follow along
I'll have some pics for you shortly.. Still meddling with the flats a little.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,924 ·
Well I have to admit this is my first 9mm commander Colt. So, I guess the grouping could of been better, but definitely could of been worse. Not quite 1-3/4 at 25 yards with off the shelf Ammo. The pistol was ordered as a reliable/accurate carry piece. It ran flawlessly through 60 round mixture of 115,124 and 147 grain bullets. This group of 8 was 147 grain AE... I guess 7of 8 in the bull is not bad for 9mm Cmdr at 25 yards.
E6C06136-B60C-416E-9418-EE24FCEE9F8F.jpeg
6B74B18D-2594-4ECB-B029-1DC32C261BF0.jpeg
5D9ABECB-B59D-4AF7-B803-1F5254AE90D7.jpeg
FCEFE3CA-919B-4282-B121-1B6CFF591ECE.jpeg
A6D26EFD-98DF-4470-ACDE-55AA3B33FB3F.jpeg
B8DF2FE8-8134-4657-ABA4-EDFF7E30CA10.jpeg
FF5098C7-4A1F-4DE9-B979-CEC05B29CDC5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Like Christmas in June for these folks!!! Just rolled over the 500 round mark on my A2 today, DLC finish still impresses me as does the clean up. Another batch done, good for you Steve!! Can't wait for my next spot to come up in rotation!! So excited for you guys getting ready to receive!!!!!! 😁 😁
IMG_20210601_1817577.jpg

IMG_20210601_1621127.jpg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,929 ·
Well successful drop off to DLC today. A little busier then normal and this was the largest batch I've taken at one time. Or at least equal to a previous one. After talking with the order department mgr, she seemed to think next Friday might not be out of the question however said it could be Mon-Tues the following week. So, anyway time to get after the invoices, build sheets and certificates.

Shop went through a quick clean up yesterday and the plan is to finish up a few small projects then start the next batch.. Thank you for those that follow along with me, for your patience, understanding, friendship, patronage etc.. I could go on and on about how great of a bunch we have here. Seriously..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well successful drop off to DLC today. A little busier then normal and this was the largest batch I've taken at one time. Or at least equal to a previous one. After talking with the order department mgr, she seemed to think next Friday might not be out of the question however said it could be Mon-Tues the following week. So, anyway time to get after the invoices, build sheets and certificates.

Shop went through a quick clean up yesterday and the plan is to finish up a few small projects then start the next batch.. Thank you for those that follow along with me, for your patience, understanding, friendship, patronage etc.. I could go on and on about how great of a bunch we have here. Seriously..
What's an invoice?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,932 ·
@James Corbin, Great having you here today as always. Thanks for coming after your pistol and hanging out a bit, it's a nice change of pace to get away from work and take a small Siesta.. Enjoyed the company and really hope you enjoy the pistol.. Tell your Dad I said hello, and glad to hear he's doing better. We'll have to do this again.

·
Registered
316 Posts
@James Corbin, Great having you here today as always. Thanks for coming after your pistol and hanging out a bit, it's a nice change of pace to get away from work and take a small Siesta.. Enjoyed the company and really hope you enjoy the pistol.. Tell your Dad I said hello, and glad to hear he's doing better. We'll have to do this again.

Thanks Steve! It was a blast. And she's a shooter! Ridiculously happy with it
20210605_221917.jpg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,934 ·
Thanks Steve! It was a blast. And she's a shooter! Ridiculously happy with it View attachment 763463
I forgot your Certificate as well, I already have it in an envelope addressed and stamped will head out on Monday, you should have by Weds at the latest.. Got too busy with other things lol. ;)

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,939 ·
Rain holds out and I'll be testing another .38 super today... Almost thought I was going to go pick up the last batch from DLC, but turns out they are still waiting on one part. So, Friday it is... Stay tuned and I might get a pic or two up. Yesterdays barrel was a Clark Para ramp, today is a Wilson Nowlin Ramp.. Tommorrow? Who knows lol..

·
Premium Member
6,974 Posts
Rain holds out and I'll be testing another .38 super today... Almost thought I was going to go pick up the last batch from DLC, but turns out they are still waiting on one part. So, Friday it is... Stay tuned and I might get a pic or two up. Yesterdays barrel was a Clark Para ramp, today is a Wilson Nowlin Ramp.. Tommorrow? Who knows lol..

Tomorrow ze world! ;)

3921 - 3940 of 4019 Posts