4101 - 4120 of 4152 Posts

·
الواحد
1,089 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,104 ·
Some roughing in of a Chen Gen 1 Magwell. Having done about 1/2 dozen of these in the last couple years, I've come to really appreciated the Gen II version for sure. Lots of blending goes into one of these. Still in the works. But, getting close..
0378C286-BB46-4B26-B295-8C10CFF5C30D.jpeg
33B279F2-67FA-465C-8549-F73B026E4BD5.jpeg
6E256E78-502D-4104-8A9D-7FCB6536C792.jpeg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,109 ·
My goodness. The stuff you make is just wonderful and seeing what goes into it is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing it all.
I like trying to show stuff at the beginning and midstream, to show how much does actually go into these customs.. It's easy sometimes to look at the whole picture and break it down into a 1/2 dozen features, but getting these things fit and blended sometimes only gets accomplished with a dremel, file and sand paper and it can take forever to get it just right. Of course quality in the end begins with quality parts at the beginning.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,110 ·
Power outage today, I was about to set up the mill for a few projects and it looks like it might be awhile.. So, a good time to get the file and sandpaper up and running. Generator will run most of my house but, well pump, hwh, ac, and freezers most importantly..

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
3,319 Posts
Nice blending!

The welds look very nice, is that micro TIG?

One thing I'd highly suggest....softening the golfballs in a similar fashion to what Chuck does on his builds. It's a detail most wouldn't notice unless they've owned or handled one of Chucks builds, and then a build that just has had his golfballs applied....but the difference is significant and the softening is worthwhile, IMO.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,112 ·
Nice blending!

The welds look very nice, is that micro TIG?

One thing I'd highly suggest....softening the golfballs in a similar fashion to what Chuck does on his builds. It's a detail most wouldn't notice unless they've owned or handled one of Chucks builds, and then a build that just has had his golfballs applied....but the difference is significant and the softening is worthwhile, IMO.
Its micro Tig welded. The plan is to 400 grit the golf balls, have done a few like that. They can be a little bit rough freshly machined for sure..

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
Power outage today, I was about to set up the mill for a few projects and it looks like it might be awhile.. So, a good time to get the file and sandpaper up and running. Generator will run most of my house but, well pump, hwh, ac, and freezers most importantly..
You're welcome to come over here. Installed a generator 7 or 8 years ago.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,116 ·
You're welcome to come over here. Installed a generator 7 or 8 years ago.
I appreciate that lol. I have a generator and it would probably run it, but I try and not push it too hard. It's 7500 watts and would do the whole house and shop if I didn't have my box so loaded lol.

·
What me worry ?
12,224 Posts
STEVE , finally I found you !!!!!!
Knowing the importance of your work , in the interest of saving you from falling behind in your work because of a loss of power, I have commissioned TTTs Director of marketing @Kip to search our junk yard ,errr ughhh
Superlative inventory storage area — and once again TTT has come to the rescue. !!!
Meet the answer to your prayers ! The mk ono 666 power supplier. We have in stock

As usual when placing your order send CASH plus’s transportation fees !
Also if you want our world renowned nuclear engineering staff ( Kippy ) to help with installation send extra CASH
operation manual is available for —Wait for it - more CASH
Your friends at TTT

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Looks good, you've got some talent on building these. It's a pleasure reading your threads, keep up the good work, I've got a Wilson CQBE Full size 45acp with a Round Butt MagWell that I need to send you one of these day's and turn you loose on it.

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
STEVE , finally I found you !!!!!!
Knowing the importance of your work , in the interest of saving you from falling behind in your work because of a loss of power, I have commissioned TTTs Director of marketing @Kip to search our junk yard ,errr ughhh
Superlative inventory storage area — and once again TTT has come to the rescue. !!!
Meet the answer to your prayers ! The mk ono 666 power supplier. We have in stock

View attachment 788752

As usual when placing your order send CASH plus’s transportation fees !
Also if you want our world renowned nuclear engineering staff ( Kippy ) to help with installation send extra CASH
operation manual is available for —Wait for it - more CASH
Your friends at TTT

20210222_212209.jpg

4101 - 4120 of 4152 Posts