1911 Firearm Addicts banner
4441 - 4460 of 4461 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,442 ·
Excited to watch this one develop!

View attachment 860696
Some similarities with yours ;) Just really like the way this one come together.. Hoping to test fire mid next week and be at finish end of next week or the Monday following. Gonna be a good piece here for sure.

·
الواحد
1,225 Posts
Couple quick pics of one of the projects. Some final touch up, trigger job, thumb safety and this ones ready for final prep. This is a full build on a Brownells Frame and Jem slide 9mm. And she's gonna be the boss, love how this gun fit up. View attachment 860681 View attachment 860682 View attachment 860684 View attachment 860685 View attachment 860686 View attachment 860687
So it’s not like I haven’t loved everything you’ve done but this has to be my all time favorite

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
I did a couple with spade cuts in the back as well, I am contemplating going back and getting this one as well. I'm gonna call it the flaming arrow lol ;)
I'm liking those arrowheads Steve.... well done!

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,446 ·
I'm liking those arrowheads Steve.... well done!
I did the tail the same on a few others after initially doing this one. Going to set it back up and plunge the spade cut into the back of the feathers also... Will post follow up pic..

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
I did the tail the same on a few others after initially doing this one. Going to set it back up and plunge the spade cut into the back of the feathers also... Will post follow up pic..
Ummmmmmmm.... wouldn't that make it a two-headed arrow?

Reactions: Infidel4life11

·
Premium Member
22 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,453 · (Edited)
I didn't give this pistol enough photo time. A 1951 Colt .38 super with a 9mm conversion barrel. This gun is blued and while I like DLC I am in Love with a nicely done blued finish. This one come back for a minor adjustment to the grip safety arm to allow an earlier release. Whenever they are leaving I do always question if I could of done better and usually the answer to myself is yes. However when you get one like this back and you haven't been staring at it for weeks they tend to look a little different.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
Camera accessory Automotive lighting Finger Bumper Automotive mirror
Camera lens Camera accessory Wood Gadget Reflex camera
Hand Microphone Watch Arm Gesture
Camera lens Camera Camera accessory Lens Cylinder
Gesture Finger Material property Thumb Bumper
Wood Automotive exterior Metal Fashion accessory Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I didn't give this pistol enough photo time. A 1951 Colt .38 super with a 9mm conversion barrel. This gun is blued and while I like DLC I am in Love with a nicely done blued finish. This one come back for a minor adjustment to the grip safety arm to allow an earlier release. Whenever they are leaving I do always question if I could of done better and usually the answer to myself is yes. However when you get one like this back and you haven't been staring at it it for weeks they tend to look a little different. View attachment 865832 View attachment 865833 View attachment 865834 View attachment 865836 View attachment 865837 View attachment 865838 View attachment 865839 View attachment 865840 View attachment 865841 View attachment 865843
Steve, Did you reblue this one?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,458 ·
Wanted to show you the shoes that will be on it when I give it to dad at Christmas Steve.

For the record, the grip safety function was perfectly functional as is I just have probably the worst case of OCD in America.

I probably drove Steve crazy wavering between different sights and blued vs DLC.
Awesome gift for dad for sure..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,459 ·
If an idle mind is the devils playground he's been sitting on the bench waiting for an opening for a long time. For all the one man shops out there kudos.. Especially if you've been doing it for a long time. Many of you will know it's not just the physical days work involved in getting everything where it needs to be.

I've had a crazy 3-4 week period, where the only time I stop is to sleep and even then my mind is turning around what needs done tomorrow. Good news is I'm pretty much ready for winter, and hopefully heading to DLC on Monday. Stay tuned some pics coming soon. Accuracy testing 5 guns today. We'll I may only get 4 done.. ready or not, balls to the wall next 4-5 days.. Sorry haven't been posting much but, things have been crazy to say the least, I've missed calls, texts, voicemails, emails, etc.. But, the show must go on.

For all of you who were on the bench this time, I apologize for not being as on top of the update photos as I usually am. But, gonna work some more on that later today.

4441 - 4460 of 4461 Posts