1911 Firearm Addicts banner
4461 - 4480 of 4624 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,466 ·
We'll this batch of pistols have been a real challenge. I took care of some light work also these last few months. Last one is currently getting all the last minute touch ups and everything will go to DLC today or tomorrow. So all in all 9 going to DLC..7+1 and one more at the blast cabinets.
Purple Rectangle Shelving Material property Wood
Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Automotive tire Auto part

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,467 ·
Oh, and I got this from an addict day before yesterday. Love a good report.. Thus gun was built about 1-1/2 years ago. Client surprised me yesterday with some kind words. And Oh my those grips.

Hey Steve, hope all is well! I just want you to know that I think this is one of finest, and perhaps the finest pistol you have built! I was able to get a few 100 rounds through it yesterday without issue and it is running like a fine Swiss watch. It is among the finest custom pistols I own. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Jeff
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,470 ·
Well I don't what, who or why but, I just got quoted a 6 week wait time on my DLC finish for this batch so, I am going to have to go back to one pistol at a time for about a 2 month period here. Just want to make everyone aware that this kind of really throws a monkey wrench in any planned schedule I had on the next several builds. I once again ask for your patience and understanding on this and will do the best I can to keep up.. At this point in time my books are closed and I will re-open when I can..

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh, and I got this from an addict day before yesterday. Love a good report.. Thus gun was built about 1-1/2 years ago. Client surprised me yesterday with some kind words. And Oh my those grips.

Hey Steve, hope all is well! I just want you to know that I think this is one of finest, and perhaps the finest pistol you have built! I was able to get a few 100 rounds through it yesterday without issue and it is running like a fine Swiss watch. It is among the finest custom pistols I own. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Jeff View attachment 875255 View attachment 875256
Wow! That's beautiful. Anyone happen to know what type of wood was used for those grips?

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
For a feel good post. I finally stole the time to get to the range again.

25yd real slow fire
View attachment 875687
View attachment 875688
I’m way out of shooting shape but Steve’s work on this bad boy made it easy.
Great shooting; If that’s your rusty shooting, I don’t think you got anything to worry about.

Glad to see you didn’t sell that Operator, it’s one of my favorite looking builds Steve’s done.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,480 · (Edited)
Brown Cat Siamese Carnivore Felidae

Some of you know I a beloved pet of 15 years last year around this time. Well fast forward a year later and this little guy only 9 has been fighting for his life for the past 5-6 weeks.

Everytime we consider putting him to sleep he appears to show us that he's still fighting. He's lost about 3 lbs, but for his breed he was a bit big 11 lbs 6 ounces on first of 5 trips to the vet.

Today another follow up appointment I sure hope the Vet can help him bounce back, he has shown a little improvement the last few days. The vet suspects something viral and doesn't appear to think at this point that he might not come out the other side of this soon and bounce back.
He may never be that plump 11-6 again but, as long as I can see him getting somewhat back to his normal behavior to a good degree he'll be right here with us.

However this little guy doesn't deserve to suffer, I won't have it. He's had a canine and another tooth removed, left eye is all glazed over, and no energy or drive but, he's only out from the surgery 9-10 days and was having some other issues. So, after me being sick 6-8 months last winter, I can see where it just might be taking him a little longer than we hoped to recoup.

4461 - 4480 of 4624 Posts