1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I just got home from the range. First off, gun store counter guys are idiots. 100 rounds each of S&B and pmc bronze. 40 rounds of some old aluminum cased cci blazer. Tripp's, a couple crappy Springfield mags and a colt mag. Not a hiccup. 9mm in a gov size gun is frickin awesome. This thing is a laser. No target pic because I'm dumb but I shot out the center and then started in on the corners. Tons of fun. I'm not a good shot but this made me look like one. Took me a sec to figure out where the sights were, they are right where they should be. Trigger is awesome and only going to get better. No take up, great break and the reset is stupid short. Ejection was great. Blew through the mags as fast as I could load em, she got a little warm :)
20201121_140422.jpg

@Integrity Arms, we have a winner here Steve. Thanks man.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,433 Posts
So I just got home from the range. First off, gun store counter guys are idiots. 100 rounds each of S&B and pmc bronze. 40 rounds of some old aluminum cased cci blazer. Tripp's, a couple crappy Springfield mags and a colt mag. Not a hiccup. 9mm in a gov size gun is frickin awesome. This thing is a laser. No target pic because I'm dumb but I shot out the center and then started in on the corners. Tons of fun. I'm not a good shot but this made me look like one. Took me a sec to figure out where the sights were, they are right where they should be. Trigger is awesome and only going to get better. No take up, great break and the reset is stupid short. Ejection was great. Blew through the mags as fast as I could load em, she got a little warm :) View attachment 652039
Fantastic news Can't wait for you to see the 38 super barrel is just as great lol.. Here I'll post a target for ya lol.. Regular old factory Ammo. @OldCuz did you ever find any match 9mm in all that nine Ammo you got? Be willing to buy some..
367F29C8-DD79-4FAE-AA47-584C7F53871B.jpeg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,433 Posts
So I just got home from the range. First off, gun store counter guys are idiots. 100 rounds each of S&B and pmc bronze. 40 rounds of some old aluminum cased cci blazer. Tripp's, a couple crappy Springfield mags and a colt mag. Not a hiccup. 9mm in a gov size gun is frickin awesome. This thing is a laser. No target pic because I'm dumb but I shot out the center and then started in on the corners. Tons of fun. I'm not a good shot but this made me look like one. Took me a sec to figure out where the sights were, they are right where they should be. Trigger is awesome and only going to get better. No take up, great break and the reset is stupid short. Ejection was great. Blew through the mags as fast as I could load em, she got a little warm :) View attachment 652039
Love the hard use approach, I try to build em pretty but first of all and most importantly build them to shoot.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know that the rear sight isn't ideal, only one that would work though. This thing is going to see carry time. I love it, I'm going to have to send you some shoes to cut that I don't mind scuffing up. Really glad you have a jig.

ETA: I keep going back and forth on what grips are my favorites. They both look good.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,248 Posts
I'm patient lol.. Did you catch my note above?
Certainly did. That's what I like. I have a couple of different things I'm kicking around. I sold the Delta BTW. Either sending you a frame and starting from square one. Then I'm looking at a couple of carbon steel guns for a base build.

@FWoo45 you have some real keepers right there!

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,433 Posts
Certainly did. That's what I like. I have a couple of different things I'm kicking around. I sold the Delta BTW. Either sending you a frame and starting from square one. Then I'm looking at a couple of carbon steel guns for a base build.

@FWoo45 you have some real keepers right there!
I'm game..

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
U all know how I feel about 9s, but this is beautiful pistol.
Those grips from you know who, are out of this world :happy:

I would keep convert it 2 a 45acp & never sell it LOL. It's way cool man.
Most important it's a 1911 :usa: made & tweeked in the USA.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,433 Posts
Unless someone got a pair of beaters they wanna donate? I would but, honestly don't have much here anymore. Just ordered 6 more sets of really nice stuff from Bob. Some aboyna burl, some, feathered crotch walnut, a NBC d some masscar ebony. Some beautiful grips coming soon, and more ironwood soon.

Actually have a couple exhibition sets coming.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Another 200 through it this morning right when the range opened. I wanted to keep going but some jag off was trying to sight in some ridiculous magnum deer rifle with a break on it in the lane next to me as I got through the 4th box of pmc bronze so I wrapped it up. At 15ish yards inside! People are idiots!

Anyways this thing is a laser. I know that some of this is that I'm just going to shoot a full size 9 better than a commander .45, I get that. All of my shooting was off hand and at a pretty rapid pace. The trigger really is amazing, reset is so short. First mag was at 25y then moved in to 10 and 15. Cold bore 25y first shot would've been a head hit. The rest of the mag either would've been as well or darn close and I'm far from a good shot. I really love this gun. Now I just have to find some .38 super close by or wait for Dillon to get dies in stock. Komifornia sucks, I can't even order .38 super anywhere in town.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Another 200 through it this morning right when the range opened. I wanted to keep going but some jag off was trying to sight in some ridiculous magnum deer rifle with a break on it in the lane next to me as I got through the 4th box of pmc bronze so I wrapped it up. At 15ish yards inside! People are idiots!

Anyways this thing is a laser. I know that some of this is that I'm just going to shoot a full size 9 better than a commander .45, I get that. All of my shooting was off hand and at a pretty rapid pace. The trigger really is amazing, reset is so short. First mag was at 25y then moved in to 10 and 15. Cold bore 25y first shot would've been a head hit. The rest of the mag either would've been as well or darn close and I'm far from a good shot. I really love this gun. Now I just have to find some .38 super close by or wait for Dillon to get dies in stock. Komifornia sucks, I can't even order .38 super anywhere in town.
Waiting on Dillon to send my 38Super dies too, just over two months now

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This is great news Frank, 440 rounds down the pipe already, with accuracy and reliability; This is just what I want to hear as a builder..
I'm hoping to get back out in the AM. It's only good for a bit then the idiots show up. Looking forward to running it in class on Wednesday night.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts