1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread about the TRP RMR 10mm that I recently had Steve Owens at integrity arms work on.
The work performed was replacement of the factory barrel, bushing, slide stop, ignition kit.
I have about 500 rounds through the gun at this point. It’s been a long time coming for a review. But haven’t had a chance to really shoot it much. I have had 2 RMR 09 fail on this gun and have switched to holosun 507c.
As for the work performed I couldn’t be happier the gun has run 100% and is by far the most accurate gun I own for me at distances over 50 yards. The trigger is fantastic right at 3.5# exactly where I like them. here is a photo of one of the targets from the first time shooting it all at 20 yards. Left 165 grain underwood gold dots,
Bottom mag tech 180 HP right is underwood 180 gold dot
Circle Coquelicot Diagram Symbol
The first RMR failed shortly after this photo.
Won’t be buying anymore RMRs if anyone is in the market RDS check out the holosun 507c it is head and shoulders better then an RMR imo.
After replacing the RMR the first time. I decided to try the gun at longer distances as it was built as a hunting pistol. Here is a photo of a target I shot from a bench the 3 shots in center were shot at 50 yards the rest were shot from 90 yards.
Yellow Colorfulness Circle Archery Precision sports
Ammo used us underwood Extreme Hunter 150 grain.
the gun is a shooter no question about it.
This season I have taken 2 white tail with it a small doe and a nice 6 point buck. The Doe from 65 yards the buck from 70 yards. Both were hit exactly where I aimed neither took a single step and dropped where they were standing.
Nature Vegetation Grass Natural environment Natural landscape
Nature Vegetation Grass Natural environment Natural landscape

Antelope Terrestrial animal Grass family Tail Deer
Adaptation Soil Fawn Tool

If your on the fence as whether or not to send Steve a gun. I really don’t think you will be disappointed. This is the 3rd gun Steve has done for me and won’t be the last. This gun will be returning to Steve for cosmetics that we didn’t have time to do when the other work was done.
Thanks for reading everyone and I apologize in advance for my spelling and punctuation I know it needs work. :eek:.o:
Hope everyone has a happy new year..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,459 Posts
I'm excited to see these I knew this gun was a shooter, but had minimal time for test firing since it was getting so close to hunting season. And tbh I've never seen a 90 yard target lol..

Oh, and btw one helluva a good shot, twice I might add. Not just anyone can put down a deer that far with a pistol, red dot or not, and again a 90 yard target kudo's.. I definitely know I can't just build you a mediocre gun, cause this dude can shoot. ;)

When it comes back I'll definitely put it on the ransom rest at 50 yards. I have a feeling it may shoot 1" or sub 1" groups at 50 when locked down..plus it will give me a chance to make sure I'm getting the most out of my test set up. Even the old hillbilly dog gets a bone now and then lol

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Phenomenal! I've talked to Steve a couple of times about this gat and I had no doubt that it would be this accurate. I am however, including impressed by you getting so much out of it! Nice shootin sir.

Glad it worked out for your hunting. Nice deer, looks like they weren't shot very far apart. Bitchin spot.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, Steve is absolutely phenomenal to work with and his work is amazing. Don't get me wrong, he's built some pretty guns, my first included, it's what's on the inside that I'm really impressed with. For any that are on the fence about having Steve build a gun, you really shouldn't be, you're dumb if you need more reason, but please don't contact him when his books open back up. I've only got one more on his books and I don't want em full when I'm ready for more.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
Just wanted to start a thread about the TRP RMR 10mm that I recently had Steve Owens at integrity arms work on.
The work performed was replacement of the factory barrel, bushing, slide stop, ignition kit.
I have about 500 rounds through the gun at this point. It’s been a long time coming for a review. But haven’t had a chance to really shoot it much. I have had 2 RMR 09 fail on this gun and have switched to holosun 507c.
As for the work performed I couldn’t be happier the gun has run 100% and is by far the most accurate gun I own for me at distances over 50 yards. The trigger is fantastic right at 3.5# exactly where I like them. here is a photo of one of the targets from the first time shooting it all at 20 yards. Left 165 grain underwood gold dots,
Bottom mag tech 180 HP right is underwood 180 gold dot View attachment 381769 The first RMR failed shortly after this photo.
Won’t be buying anymore RMRs if anyone is in the market RDS check out the holosun 507c it is head and shoulders better then an RMR imo.
After replacing the RMR the first time. I decided to try the gun at longer distances as it was built as a hunting pistol. Here is a photo of a target I shot from a bench the 3 shots in center were shot at 50 yards the rest were shot from 90 yards. View attachment 381773 Ammo used us underwood Extreme Hunter 150 grain.
the gun is a shooter no question about it.
This season I have taken 2 white tail with it a small doe and a nice 6 point buck. The Doe from 65 yards the buck from 70 yards. Both were hit exactly where I aimed neither took a single step and dropped where they were standing. View attachment 381775 View attachment 381777
View attachment 381779 View attachment 381781
If your on the fence as whether or not to send Steve a gun. I really don’t think you will be disappointed. This is the 3rd gun Steve has done for me and won’t be the last. This gun will be returning to Steve for cosmetics that we didn’t have time to do when the other work was done.
Thanks for reading everyone and I apologize in advance for my spelling and punctuation I know it needs work. :eek:.o:
Hope everyone has a happy new year..
Congrats to the Owner and shooter and to @Steve Owens on another great build!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.