Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Start it and don’t finish!

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating taking this little 25 acp colt I got the other day, and doing a home refinishing job on it which I’ll probably regret and others may find entertaining. Would there be any interest in others seeing me fu…I mean attempt to make it look better? Lol the bluing on the slide is mostly gone, some surface rust which will most likely result in pitting; but it’s not like a rare piece that turn bull needs to rescue. I’ve taken a shotgun that sat in a carport for 30 years back to life with the ol’ elbow grease and cold blue…but since this is small I was thinking of hot bluing it. I got a little burner setup for projects the wife deems unacceptable for the kitchen stove 😂 Pics before as of now if anyone cares (and this was after a little 0000 wool polishing):

Air gun Trigger Hood Grey Bumper
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I was debating taking this little 25 acp colt I got the other day, and doing a home refinishing job on it which I’ll probably regret and others may find entertaining. Would there be any interest in others seeing me fu…I mean attempt to make it look better? Lol the bluing on the slide is mostly gone, some surface rust which will most likely result in pitting; but it’s not like a rare piece that turn bull needs to rescue. I’ve taken a shotgun that sat in a carport for 30 years back to life with the ol’ elbow grease and cold blue…but since this is small I was thinking of hot bluing it. I got a little burner setup for projects the wife deems unacceptable for the kitchen stove 😂 Pics before as of now if anyone cares (and this was after a little 0000 wool polishing):

View attachment 901051 View attachment 901052
I have one of those I got in an estate sale deal…totaly forgot about it!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts

View attachment 901051 View attachment 901052
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
Lots. And lots.
169 Posts
Why continue to lower its value?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I had one just like that back in the 80's. It had very little finish left, but it shot and functioned 100%. I stripped it hot blued it and reassembled. It came out great. It had very little value when I started, and I was able to sell it for $200 a few years later. A win win.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why continue to lower its value?
Not really much value already lol not like it’s a rare piece or anything…if anything they’ll keep getting cheaper cause 25 acp so hard to find. Idk what ima do yet…a sweet deep royal blue would be sweet…I also have the skills to cold blue incorrectly and make it look wavy lol thing shoots so good.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve honestly been carrying it in my sweatpants the past couple days whenever I get in my truck to go bring kids to doctor or whatever. Carried this thing more than anything else lately 😅, I guess just due to the ease of just sliding it into the pocket and forgetting it’s there. I’ve had someone walk up to vehicle in parking lot before with me in it and try to open the door; this would be a perfect point blank gun 😂.

·
On The Lost Highway
455 Posts
I'm down for it.
Watch the roll marks carefully though.

Personally, I'd do the best I could with the rust then send it to Armaloy in Ft. Worth for a hard chrome finish. That would make it impervious to further deterioration common with pocket carry.

The last time I looked at their website it was under 200 bucks for a lifelong bulletproof finish.

Then I'd find some stag grips for it and call it done.

I bought one a few years ago. It was in worse shape that yours. A pal saw it and had to have it. I'll get another one someday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts