1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well if I pick it up I’ll make a video and then you can ask all the questions!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can tell you the hammer cocks fine when racking the slide hahahaha

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No follow!

·
Registered
95 Posts
$700 would be a really good deal (I'd buy it). $800-900 probably fair (and can be rebuilt into a carry gun or casual blaster). $1000 probably too high -- unless it puts everything into the 10-ring at 50 yards.

If it was set up as a wadcutter gun (lighter than 4-pound trigger), you could always re-do the trigger works or gut the fire control system and replace with new.

The front strap and mainspring housing stippling is functional but gives it a cosmetic and collector hit.

I think it looks like a nice gun and agree probably from the 50s through 60s, maybe early-70s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pitchers of feed ramp and if throated for wadcutters and hollow points?

(A little jelly -- and nosey -- how many Benjamins did it set you back?)

Congrats! You have a Colt. Shoot it, enjoy it! If you don't like it, it can be re-built to carry or * gasp! * carry optic.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It was more than your smoking deal, less than your tooooo high!!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sitting at my FFL till tomorrow!!

The manager was nice enough to take these!!

The
Automotive tire Wood Household hardware Finger Flooring
Wood Household hardware Circle Metal Rim
Bumper Wood Bicycle part Rim Electric blue

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,241 Posts
If the price was right I'd have bought it, but I have a thing for stuff like that. I've got a '48 King's build great gun, love the rollmarks. Looking forward to a range report.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I’ll clean it tomorrow, and shoot it at 50yards on Thursday, see how tight of a shooter she is!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks so much, I may look into seeing what it would take/cost to “fix” the front strap stippling.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I like it alot, I'm in for the range review

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I hope those are the managers fingernails...
Hey now, that’s very assuming of you…

but god yes those are hers, my fingers look like crap.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,241 Posts
Thanks so much, I may look into seeing what it would take/cost to “fix” the front strap stippling.
I'd leave the stippling, whoever did it put a lot of time and effort into it and I'm sure it's functional. Plus, I don't know that I've ever seen stippling with a border like that, I'm sure it's a clue to who did the work on the gun.

In fact, the more I look at the pics, if it was mine I'd detail strip it, give it a good scrubbing, put fresh springs in it, and maybe give it a light going over with Flitz to restore some of the finish, then just run it the way it is. Old skool kool rules!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ohh, yeah, nice score. Not too many of these old Colts left. I sold an unmolested 1947 Government 38 Super not long ago. Nice pistolas. You done good, MedicGunGuy!!! Keep the run going, and leave it as it is!!!

21 - 40 of 102 Posts