1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,359 Posts
Cool read. I have a friend that swears the AK is a better weapon. I sent the article to him.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,201 Posts
Read this when it came out last year. Stopped using PMAGs and now have a trunkload of Okay Surefire USGI mags. Pay $10 apiece and they are what I was issued in the Army back before Okay would sell to civilians. I still buy PMAGs, but keep them in wrappers for the day when we get hit with another High Cap scare and I can sell them for much more than I paid for them.
Also got me to go back to Slip2000 and MFR7.
However, what I took away more than anything is what I've known, but never really thought about-- that weakness in the bolt where the cam pin goes through. Usually not a big deal for Joe Blow not going full auto fun, but in the 3Gun world a lot of guys load really hot to make sure they knock down the poppers at 400+ yds. I've seen more than one crack that wall and I've told my buddies it's not a kaboom that's gonna take them out, it's that bolt's wall cracking and getting the bolt friction welded (not really, but you get my point) into that BCG.

·
Premium Member
28,454 Posts
These guys have tons of lead go down range every month. Have been watching a few barrel reviews from these guys for a while. A great read...thanks for posting

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,919 Posts
Thanks for posting. Good read.

·
In Kentucky
10,068 Posts
Interesting he claimed the PGA gun ran as good as lmt. A lot of great info there.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
Pretty cool, nice to know but I will never shoot that many rounds out of any of my firearms so I think I'll be good. I like the article about AK's and that they've never broke a Century Arms with milled receiver. So I feel better about buying mine.
They had just opened up the last time I was in Vegas and it was a long wait to shoot so I passed.
Look thru their website and watch the video of the gentleman shooting the minigun! It's hilarious, he hits the button and it's over and the look on his face is priceless, it's like he just realized that couple seconds cost $199.00 and he was like SH!T that's it???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts