Intersting Bushing Wrench

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Cop_Out, Mar 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Hi Folks,

I saw this on eBay and thought it was a good idea, so I ordered a few planning on giving them to my friends. The wrenches came in today's mail, and I'm very pleased with the quality. The experienced folks wouldn't need one, but it's handy for a newb like me - keeps the plug from flying across the room. :bang:

I found them listed on eBay as "1911 bushing wrench fix". It cost about 9.00 shipped, and I have no affiliation with the seller.
    IMG_2857.JPG

B81, duketbrd88, boatdoc and 5 others like this.

2. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    @mikemac I believe these are yours..

FWoo45, boatdoc, Kip and 2 others like this.
  3. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    HA! I did a search before I posted, and didn't see anything. Apparently, I didn't look well enough!
    :D

mikemac likes this.
  4. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I stopped using bushing wrenches a long time ago...

ronin11, 7.62Kolectr, FWoo45 and 5 others like this.
  5. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    Thank you Cop_out for the complement. I built the mold for the reason you mentioned. The mold is capable of many parts. I have an order of 200 coming. I have only 20 left from this batch.

6. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    Great item, thanks for making it available, sir!

boatdoc likes this.
  7. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    A grumpy old Air Force Armourer should me El P’s take down procedure 35 yrs ago.

Guess I’m the same age and grumpy now too.

Kip likes this.
  8. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I've only owned one gun where I couldn't use my fingers to disassembly it. Wasn't the original GI 1911 designed to be broken down without any tools ?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    boatdoc, Kip and ImperialBlade like this.
  9. Nick Rice

Nick Rice Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I ordered a powder coated aluminum ACO brand one today on ebay @ $9. I can't get my Les Baer together without one, the bushings so tight i have to squirt some oil around the bushing to re-assemble, it eats the polymar ones up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    More than one way to skin a cat as my dad used to say but that guy still used a bushing wrench. I have one of the blue ones mentioned above. I just stripped my 1.5" grp gun PII Baer yesterday. Have to try the over hand under hand method shown here. Cool.

11. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I like them a lot. I do wish the plastic was a harder kind though. mine are shredding a bit

mikemac likes this.
  12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    when your hands hurt or you have a very tight bushing to move..what do you do?(honest ? not sarcasm)

my LB guns and a couple of others require a bushing wrench even with your technique.

mikemac likes this.
  13. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    +1

boatdoc and mikemac like this.
  14. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Ok, the bushings on my Colt's have never needed a wrench. On my TRS and Stinger, after removing the slide per the video, with the barrel halfway out of battery, the bushings turn by hand with effort. Yesterday, with the new to me Custom Carry that I just picked up, I had to use a wrench to turn the bushing when the barrel was out of battery both removing and replacing it (I don't remove the bushing from the barrel until the barrel assembly is out of the slide), and it was out of battery by half. It took me thirty minutes to find my bushing wrench in my shop. With this new pistol, I put the wrench in my shooting bag. So I stand corrected at this point, and I need a wrench for one pistol.
    p_080045200_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    boatdoc and mikemac like this.
  15. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    I HAVE to use a bushing w/ my Baer TRS. And a nylon wrench won't cut-it. I have to use an aluminum one.

ronin11, boatdoc and mikemac like this.
  16. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    I need a wrench on this gun:
    73GB9yT.jpg

17. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    Boatdoc thanks for the information. They are now polypro 20% glass fill, blue color. I can have them made from noryl 30% glass. They would be are very hard and only come in gray/black dull finish. Not real pretty. I have to get 200 minimum order from the molder, because of setup time. Something to think about and thanks.

boatdoc and FWoo45 like this.
  18. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
  19. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    mikemac likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted