1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Awhile back I was putting together a NHC Falcon build and also had a Colt that was due to go to Chuck for his golf ball treatment. I was trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with each of these builds, and somehow I decided to combine them. My thought was that the ball cuts of the Falcon would match the golf ball treatment nicely. Frankly, I was also impulse buying a lot at the time, and having one less build in the pipeline was a plus as well.

So I went about trying to figure this all out, working with Bob to get Chuck a NHC frame and hunting down a blank SI magwell from the fantastic folks at Stan Chen.

I asked Chuck to try to wrap the golf ball treatment and he was able to. His work is absolutely phenomenal and the transition from the MHS to the frame on the wraparound is seem-less. This is my first time experiencing the golf ball treatment and it really is incredible in hand.

Once Chuck worked his magic off to Bob’s team it went. The build was really just based off a Falcon but I removed the carry cuts and opted for ball cuts instead. Ironically this build excludes the two prominent features of the falcon (the carry cuts and falcon magwell). All parts of the build are NHC with the exception of the magwell. I also added a French border and finished it in DLC with polished flats and the blackout option.

I am truly blown away over how this came out. I cannot stop handling this one and am impressed more and more as time goes on. I am very eager to get it to the range. I will be updating and reporting back with range results as well as better daylight pictures

I would like to thank:

-Bob @NighthawkRep for all his assistance during this build and to his team for knocking this build out of the park!
-Chuck @pistolwretch for blessing this build with his magic. Truly an unrivaled craftsman.
-Stan Chen et al @Stan Chen for always delivering top notch customer service. They took the time during the holidays to try and track down the only blank SI magwell they had in stock at the time and ship it out.

Hope you guys enjoy!

DA34A8CA-BC79-4F74-BA1A-27BEDA84374E.jpeg
13306363-EAF6-4234-9251-E175EF8FD536.jpeg
880C3417-5EA2-480E-9459-AA60DDC2BF6F.jpeg
960477F1-DFB9-435A-87CB-933F1FFE0E3D.jpeg
F024F9F0-C6D3-42A6-884B-6361242A725A.jpeg
D34ED66B-89B4-4FBE-A73D-577DB1E7DB3E.jpeg

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Awhile back I was putting together a NHC Falcon build and also had a Colt that was due to go to Chuck for his golf ball treatment. I was trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with each of these builds, and somehow I decided to combine them. My thought was that the ball cuts of the Falcon would match the golf ball treatment nicely. Frankly, I was also impulse buying a lot at the time, and having one less build in the pipeline was a plus as well.

So I went about trying to figure this all out, working with Bob to get Chuck a NHC frame and hunting down a blank SI magwell from the fantastic folks at Stan Chen.
Any photos?

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, T4, DW V-Bob and G21
5,948 Posts
Love it. That’s awesome looking. I’m wanting to send my Falcon back to them for a flat trigger new sights flute the barrel hood and everything black and coated in DLC.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Man this looks great!

I purchased a Falcon off Gunbroker back in February, sent it to Nighthawk to have some work done. I have been patiently waiting since... looking at this, is not helping!

Reactions: JM44 and BCD 45

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Yeah..... whatever.
rolling eye guy gif.gif

How I really feel!
omg gif.gif

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Definitely one of a kind build, looks great! Waiting on range report. I'm glad to see it in 45acp.

Reactions: JM44

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Your vision........ and I love the results, I know you’re proud!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I really appreciate it. I am really proud and happy about how this one came out. Just hoping she shoots as good as she looks.

I did spec it out to have a medium solid trigger. I didn’t feel like waiting for one to be DLCd so I had them send it with the tri cavity one. I like it as is but still may send it back for the solid one (I order those on almost all my builds)

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man this looks great!

I purchased a Falcon off Gunbroker back in February, sent it to Nighthawk to have some work done. I have been patiently waiting since... looking at this, is not helping!
I waited a long time for this to come to fruition. Your wait will be worth it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts