1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Robb converted my Baer PII from an excellent pistol to an outstanding pistol. I received it today and tomorrow I'll have it at the indoor range for a shake down. It was an outstanding accurate pistol but with the new trigger job, I expect to consistently shoot those 25 yard bugholes instead of only occasionally. The trigger is realllllly nice. Here's what the Ion-Bond finish looks like next to my other Baer.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm really wanting Ion Bond for my EMP... the whole thing including barrel and trigger. I hate the bling of the SS slide on a carry gun, but all good things in time. Hoping to send back later this year for finishing work and finish.

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,342 Posts
Another fan of the IONBOND. Nice Baers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the range and the 1911 ran just like it always had but this time the 3# trigger made things a bit easier. Off the rest at 50 feet all five went in the same hole – only 9” low. The new front sight was installed dead on relative to windage but is a tad short. Cranked on the rear a little and she now prints where I like and the trigger makes my timing better. Most 5-shot groups off-hand at 50 feet were under an inch but every now & then I’d throw one low to mess everything up. Both Baers are 1.5” models but that doesn’t stop me from shooting a 3” group from 50 feet every now & then.

A couple people shot the Baer but actually said they didn’t like the light trigger – they couldn’t shoot for crap anyway but not liking a 3# crisp trigger is un-American.

The slide was always tight and sometimes it took a little Armstrong to get moving – the Ion-Bond finish really makes the slide action easy & smooth – doesn’t feel like a Baer now.

I’m very pleased with everything Robb & Alchemy Custom did with this pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts