Is Crazy John in Arizona?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by too_pure, Jan 21, 2012.

1. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Do you have a store that a local customer could come to, to see the 1911's, pay and walk out with it?

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    no, he's in Idaho

3. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
  4. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I think there is a friend of CJ's here (maybe it was another forum) who is local to the valley who talks about his new inventory at times.

Don't know if that is him or not and do not remember his username.

5. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene

6. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    CJ doesn't have a store front which is why his prices are so damned low when it comes to LB's as well as Ed Brown's 1911's.

I have bought 4 of 5 of my LB's from the guy and I wouldn't consider buying from anyone else,even if a local dealer stocked Baers like he does.

I talk to him about 2x's a week.Not just to see what he has in stock,but because he is one of many individuals that I have met on firearm forums that I consider a friend.He has more experience in the firearm industry(over 40 yrs worth)than just about anyone I am personally familiar with.
    His retail sales experience has given me a lot of ideas which have helped with retail firearm sales at the shop I work at.
    As he gets an unbelievable amount of Baers in constantly so there is no way he could post what he has in stock unless he hired a staff,and then he wouldn't be able to sell as cheaply as he does.

Example:
    In November of 2010,I was considering an Ed Brown Kobra.I called this particular "dealer" who is a legend in his own mind over at 1911Forum.com as EVERYONE was bragging on the great "deals" he offered.

First off,when I called the number the "dealer' listed,I got the voice mail from some "museum".
    I was startled at first then I hear the guys name on the recording for his extension.When I finally talk to the schmuck,he has no inventory,nothing,nada, NO GUNS WHATSOEVER IN STOCK.

Then,he tells me,he doesn't have a credit card modem,so he has to use another business' for any credit transactions.Then he charges a 2.5 "fee".
    This is sounding sleazier by the minute.Then the price was about 50.00 below retail.

I decided to check out CJ to see what LB'S he had in stock.After an hour long call,I ended up with 2 LB's(a MONO Commanche and a blued TRS)
    For about 600.00 more than the 1 EB from the "legend". :grin:

So my advice to the OP is to just CALL CJ.No need to start a thread to speculate,JUST CALL HIM AND ASK.
    The banner at the top of the web pages give contact info!
    Take the plunge man! :thumb:

DAT85

7. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Thanks DAT85. I will do that.

Incidentally I have spoken the the "legend in his own mind" about a Kobra once and had the same doubts. Definitely was not a good deal.

8. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Stalker

The banner isn't always at the top of the page and the website is no good for contact number.
    Try this 208-772-2339

9. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I prefer to think of myself as an "addict" talking to his "dealer" about his next 'fix"! :biggrin1:

DAT85

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted