1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a Springfield Compact 45.
Awesome pistol, but when I picked it up from the shop, it was packed in a Glock clamshell case.
Is that not a 1911 sacrilege?

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
I always use a CZ box when I send guns out got work. They are the smallest ones I have . Makes finding a shipping box easy.

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
That's camoflauge man. Noone is gonna steal a crappy old Glock.

:laughing:

Classic.. hahahahaha..

I had a Kimber once (I know, don't say it) and it shot low and left. I kept it in the safe of course (fool) and ever since then.... everything I buy shoots low and left.. I'm sure it's a virus of some sort.. Ron

·
Registered
835 Posts
Perhaps, now, the SA is perfect? :grin:

·
Registered
484 Posts
That is pretty funny!! I think they just recycle peoples boxes. I got my EMP sent back in a complete different box then what i sent it in

·
Capitalist
17 Posts
That's camoflauge man. Noone is gonna steal a crappy old Glock.

:laughing:
Good thing it wasn't in a Les Baer cardboard box. :grin:

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
I used a Glock tool (3/32" punch) to nudge out my extractor the other day on the 1911.

That Melonite is good stuff. The extractor came out just fine. The gun is okay; the tool is dented. :lol:

1911 wins.

Andy

·
Evil Capt. Kirk from G.T.
74 Posts
I think I would have asked the shop guy what the heck he was thinking since Springers always come in a Springfield case.
Seems strange to me.

·
middle aged white guy
5,654 Posts
soak it in holy water to get the glock demons out of it.

·
-this space for rent-
2,822 Posts
So I recently bought a Springfield Compact 45.
Awesome pistol, but when I picked it up from the shop, it was packed in a Glock clamshell case.
Is that not a 1911 sacrilege?
It has the plastic pox sometimes referred to as "Glock Pox". You best drop it off here to avoid infecting your other, fancy 1911s.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Beings this thread is from 2011, I wonder if the OP can tell us if there were any lasting after effects.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts