1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Brownells today to pick up some odds and ends and it seemed that every product I was wanting to buy was limited or out of stock.

Anyone else seeing the same? Just curious.

I couldn't buy a stainless 1911 magazine release locking pin to save my life. How weird is that?

Z

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think they sold a lot of stuff over the holidays and they are behind. I also see a lot of things listed as "discontinued" but they are not discontinued by the manufacturer which leads me to believe that they are redoing their product offerings and eliminating stuff that might not be selling or that does not have enough margin.

Reactions: KS95B40 and boatdoc

·
Registered
503 Posts
I went to Brownells today to pick up some odds and ends and it seemed that every product I was wanting to buy was limited or out of stock.

I couldn't buy a stainless 1911 magazine release locking pin to save my life. How weird is that?

Z
This happened last two orders I placed with them online for small Ruger parts. They were listed in stock but next day I get an email telling me it will be a while until they get it back in stock for delivery. One of the parts took almost 3 months for delivery. Will not order from them anymore unless I must.

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They also sent me a "discount code" for the parts I had in my shopping cart. I tried to use that code the same day (free shipping, 15% off) but because the part I had parked in the shopping cart was now "out of stock", the discount code wouldn't work any longer. Sheesh.

Anyone have a decent discount code that actually works?

Z

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
I have found that the out of stock comes up more frequently that before. But they usually have it in a couple of days. Might be trying to keep the inventory down for tax time? I've got the EDGE so I order a lot of small orders.

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,940 Posts
I am seeing this too... trying to order a standard mil-spec M4 stock. Primary showed them in stock this past Friday for like 13.00. Went to order today, out of stock... and now priced at $19.00 but a BO is ok. WTF?
Anyone got a M4 buttstock they want to sell?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I dunno, pretty much everything I've ever looked for is either out of stock or discontinued. For me, they are the last place I look for parts.
they are turning into walmart. nothing you need is in stock

·
Registered
687 Posts
Its not you there always out of stock either unavalible or they sell so much they can't keep shtt in stock either way i avoid them if at all possible. World wide web will usually come up with what i need .

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
Usually their discount codes are good for one day and expire at midnight of that particular day.

·
Dremel jockey
4,644 Posts
Often Brownells will be out of stock, but the source (EGW, Wilson, Kart, etc.) will have the parts on hand.
Makes me wonder if Brownells is a 'slow payer',?

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts

Z
It is not you zoid! They are out of everything I look for. I didn’t even get the traditional emails for Black Friday or Christmas discounts . I am wondering if they are in financial trouble.

·
Deo Volente
7,891 Posts
They also sent me a "discount code" for the parts I had in my shopping cart. I tried to use that code the same day (free shipping, 15% off) but because the part I had parked in the shopping cart was now "out of stock", the discount code wouldn't work any longer. Sheesh.

Anyone have a decent discount code that actually works?

Z
Wikibuy will automatically check!

·
Deo Volente
7,891 Posts
I can't count how many times I have tried to put a purchase together with small parts and came up short of Brownell's discount because of out of stock. This just tans my hide being as I used to forecast inventory for Grainger's. The folks in Chicago just could not get it through their heads that it was 100+ degrees in LA on September 15!

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Usually their discount codes are good for one day and expire at midnight of that particular day.

The code in question is for 1/14. I'm trying to order from a different PC and it rejected it.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Feed my Addiction!
681 Posts
Brownells used to be my “Go to” place for all online parts purchases as they seemed to have the best prices, best discounts, free shipping, and good customer service up until about 1 year ago. Now, parts are always out of stock, discounts are not as good, shipping is not always free, and now there is tax added on.
OTD pricing is now better for me at Midway USA which is where I do my shopping now. I really, really liked Brownells...too bad things changed.:(

1 - 20 of 56 Posts