1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, but there's also a fourteen day probationary period for posting to the classifieds. I joined only twelve days ago, and the items in question were listed day-before-yesterday.

I think I actually hit twenty posts while the things were still up. Wasn't trying to hit twenty posts. It just happened there were two or three threads in which I felt like responding (this being one of them) and it came out that way. I think I could have PM'd him at that point. (Not certain if PM'ing also has a probationary period. I read it--I just don't recall.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks everyone for your feedback, I am a lurker. I didn't want to post for the sake of posting just to be able to use the classifieds. I just happened to be looking through the classifieds and saw someone was selling a number of magazines at what to me seemed like a good deal.

I'll go ahead and make a few posts and try to be more active on the forum. I just don't due to work and family time constraints, I don't even get to the range as much as I used to. In any case, as someone stated above, for now at least its keeping from abusing my wallet.
I feel your pain. I was recently in the exact same boat. I don’t want to post just for the sake of post count, so it may take a while.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I understand how that works. I'm not here for the buy & sell forums. I'm here because I've become something of a 1911 addict :)

TBH: I rarely pay much heed to classifieds in any forum in which I have membership. The items in question simply happened to pop up in the "new" posts listing, happened to be something I need, and would have saved me a bundle of cash.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it had somebody else not started a thread.

Yup. Besides: To save buyers and sellers confusion and misunderstanding: On the very rare occasions I do wish to entertain an offer of something for sale my personal policy is to post "I'll take it" in the sale thread. I couldn't do that, so, even could I have PM'd the seller, I would not have gone that way.

Nor was I interested in working-around the site's policies by tagging the seller in this thread or elsewhere. Working around a site's policies is a good way to annoy site management. I try to avoid annoying my hosts. Don't always succeed ;), but I try.

In the end I'll be out $60-$80. It's $60-$80 I would have been "out" had I never joined here, had the seller never listed here what he did, had I never noticed the listing, had I had the opportunity but been too slow, had the seller felt "You're too new & I don't know you," etc., anyway. It would have been nice to save the money, but it's not the end of the world :)
Add a few zeros to the backend of that for an established member as to what this was place has cost them. I only speak for myself but I’m very trusting here. As a (mostly) buyer and an (occasional) seller. I truly care about the other folks who frequent this forum and would happily bend over backwards for many of them. Whatever that counts for. The protections in place are minimal, if you can’t be bothered to contribute that much, FO. I was/am a noob too so I get that. Just don’t take advantage, this isn’t the high road.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yeah, but there's also a fourteen day probationary period for posting to the classifieds. I joined only twelve days ago, and the items in question were listed day-before-yesterday.

I think I actually hit twenty posts while the things were still up. Wasn't trying to hit twenty posts. It just happened there were two or three threads in which I felt like responding (this being one of them) and it came out that way. I think I could have PM'd him at that point. (Not certain if PM'ing also has a probationary period. I read it--I just don't recall.)
Add a few zeros to the backend of that for an established member as to what this was place has cost them. I only speak for myself but I’m very trusting here. As a (mostly) buyer and an (occasional) seller. I truly care about the other folks who frequent this forum and would happily bend over backwards for many of them. Whatever that counts for. The protections in place are minimal, if you can’t be bothered to contribute that much, FO. I was/am a noob too so I get that. Just don’t take advantage, this isn’t the high road.
If you’ve got an issue with with my post, you are part of the problem and can FRO. If not, welcome.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I was posting here for over a year before I even realized you could buy and sell actual firearms. I thought it was owned and operated by the same company as 1911forum.com, where even mentioning you have a firearm for sale will get you promptly PM-bitch-slapped by an admin...as has my off-color sense of humor.

Glad its not so anal-retentive over here, . Not to disparage the other forum, there's some genuinely nice peeps over there and Ive learned a LOT from the membership. However, I wish I had found this place first, definitely more my style of forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been here a while and I understand rules. Much like others, I can't see posting w/B.S. posts just to get my numbers up, quality over quantity has always been my business model. Maybe the way this site (and others) work, it's too difficult to differentiate between buyer / seller. I do not see how a seller can get burned. You've got my money, send me the gun!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you’ve got an issue with with my post, you are part of the problem and can FRO. If not, welcome.
I interpreted his reaction to your post as angry that people here have been taken advantage to the point that mitigation safeguards had to be put in place. ♥

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the 20 post minimum. This forum seems to be made up of a very good group of individuals, and I think that rule probably discourages most of the types that wouldn't contribute to the community from joining. At least, that's my take!

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Wow!!!
When I found this forum, the last thing I was looking for was "the Classifieds"
I wanted knowledge, help, insight & experience.
To all the new "flash pan buyers".... RELAX!!! what you can't buy today will come around again. They always do.
Have a nice evening...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow!!!
When I found this forum, the last thing I was looking for was "the Classifieds"
I wanted knowledge, help, insight & experience.
To all the new "flash pan buyers".... RELAX!!! what you can't buy today will come around again. They always do.
Have a nice evening...
That is the reason I joined, to learn from others and their experiences.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks everyone for your feedback, I am a lurker. I didn't want to post for the sake of posting just to be able to use the classifieds. I just happened to be looking through the classifieds and saw someone was selling a number of magazines at what to me seemed like a good deal.

I'll go ahead and make a few posts and try to be more active on the forum. I just don't due to work and family time constraints, I don't even get to the range as much as I used to. In any case, as someone stated above, for now at least its keeping from abusing my wallet.
damn I did just that
I was surfing the net and came across that fancy 45 and wanted to ask the seller a few questions about what it really weighs and a question about the rear sight and hit a brick wall

I’m Tony and I’m new here

·
Registered
22 Posts
Similar to some who have replied here, I’ve been a member of the forum for 7 or so years. I come here because Ive grown to trust the information shared by experienced members. If I had something I thought was helpful, I would post more often

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,427 Posts
This place will educate you while at the same time drain you of all your money and then some...

21 - 40 of 49 Posts