1911 Firearm Addicts banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
8,277 Posts
I've been here a while and I understand rules. Much like others, I can't see posting w/B.S. posts just to get my numbers up, quality over quantity has always been my business model. Maybe the way this site (and others) work, it's too difficult to differentiate between buyer / seller. I do not see how a seller can get burned. You've got my money, send me the gun!
Great. Have fun on GunBroker.

·
Premium Member
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
2,058 Posts
My best advice would be to use the search function to research something you like for example
Ed Brown EVO
Find a recent thread and share some information , ask questions
Before you know it you wont be thinking about post count 👍

·
Dremel jockey
5,366 Posts
"A+ Thanks"

29 today.
We may see sumpin' for sale soon.

Reactions: Dub

·
8,277 Posts
Stupid rule, buyer is paid before shipping, pretty simple. It’s also especially ignorant since “Bargain Hunters” is in classifieds. Can’t even pass along a great sale we come across.

You are free to go back to where you came from.

Tale some of the “platform people with you”.

Ya’ll can start threads on “stupid rules and ignorance” .

·
Registered
124 Posts
What the requirements? I buy off lots of classifieds, don’t see much fraud these days with a little due diligence. However I understand there should be some kind of requirement of course. I’ll gladly trade the civility found here for a little cool off period

steve

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
If the OP wants to buy, can't he just PM the seller? I thought the post count threshold only applied go posting an ad (to sell).

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are free to go back to where you came from.

Tale some of the “platform people with you”.

Ya’ll can start threads on “stupid rules and ignorance” .
Obviously you can’t or don’t choose to read before spewing ignorant insults. I’ve read your post, replies to others and can see you have a lot of ”Bad days”. I’d suggest rather than attacking here be like juicy and just beat yourself up. If I choose to take your advice I’ll be sure to invite you as you could certainly be of benefit you seem to overflow with ignorance .

·
8,277 Posts
Obviously you can’t or don’t choose to read before spewing ignorant insults. I’ve read your post, replies to others and can see you have a lot of ”Bad days”. I’d suggest rather than attacking here be like juicy and just beat yourself up. If I choose to take your advice I’ll be sure to invite you as you could certainly be of benefit you seem to overflow with ignorance .

I read what you wrote.

You don’t like ignorance and stupidity….you stated that is what you found here.

You are free to go on your merry way.

There is always Gunbroker….

Sounds like the buy-sell platform that you seek.

Piss off…..and have a nice day….but piss off.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stupid rule, ...
In your opinion it is a stupid rule. In the opinion of the site's ownership/management/administration it is a wise rule.

Do you understand their reasons for that rule? They are two-fold: 1. To help prevent fraud. Such fraud reflects poorly on the site and can add work for the site's ownership/management/administration. (And if you think for a moment managing/administering a site like this isn't work I can tell you, from experience, you're wrong. Oh so very, very wrong.) 2. The classifieds are meant to be a service to the membership, not another GB, eBay, or what-have-you. They define "member" as somebody who participates in the forum community, not somebody who's just here to buy and sell stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is a stupid rule. As I stated sellers are in control of when they ship so no need for it there. Buyers have many ways to authenticate before sending money to someone Obviously running the show here is not easy. Implementation of stupid rules to protect fools of course only makes it harder. Attempts at vetting ”New” members by the number of posts falls short in every way and is a disservice that generates more work. Bargain Hunters is a classified category that is designed to help all members yet until the magic number of post is reached someone such as myself who is here daily for years for entertainment and knowledge can’t post a great ammo deal there and give back to the truly good and cordial members here. I know rules and laws are put in place for “Reasons” oddly enough I obey them so I am prevented from posting there.
If someone is dumb enough or greedy enough to send a poster here $1500 for a Cabot and think it’s not a scam then that is on them. No different than I f you’re dumb enough to get the jab and then complain about how you feel- that’s on you.
So as I do as was told and “Piss off” I’ll pray you have better days ahead and reach the point of maturity that you can take responsibility for stupid choices and not rely on others to save you from your own greed and ignorance.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It is a stupid rule.
In your opinion. And you know what your opinion counts for? Not. A. Damn. Thing.

I’ll pray you have better days ahead and reach the point of maturity that you can take responsibility for stupid choices and not rely on others to save you from your own greed and ignorance.
I respond to you respectfully and this is how you respond? Y'know what, @Rancher757: Bugger straight off.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Here's a good "rule" for you. Over on Marlin Owners...

* No listing the same goods elsewhere on other forums, classifieds or auction sites and here at Marlin Owners. This area is subject to thread deletion without notice if the same goods are posted elsewhere.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.