Is this person on crack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wheezy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

2. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Seller of the Colt needs to say who did the work to justify the "customness". He's emptying his holster box too on this one.

3. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
    Looks like shoddy work at best.

4. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    Don't know about the work but that bad boy has seen a butt-load of kydex holster time.

5. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Id give $1200 for it maybe.

6. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
  7. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
  8. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    It seems there is a "cabbage patch doll" type mentality when it comes to newly introduced firearms. I truly believe the manufacturers hold back shipping to create astronomical demands. It's a game they play and they play it well. Colt has been doing it for 20 years with their crappy 6920's. Now the rest of the Ahole manufacturers have all caught on.

Ruger is the current fore runner in the hide the baloney sweepstakes: current model they are dicking around with are the Hawkeye M77 Gunsite squad rifle and the SR1911. They did it with the LCP, and did it with the LC9. They get dealers to jump on small amounts let out in limited numbers then all of a sudden the floodgates will open and there will be so many on the market they will start selling at or close to dealer price because the dealers bought so many and now they can't move them because the market is flooded they have to sell at a loss.

9. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    that's about the time when the ones purchased at the first release will be going on the market used to make a profit for the original purchaser. BAM! Market flooded and used ones no longer have the value they did before.

10. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm a believer at least in part of that strategy is the manufacturer is using beta testing, too, but letting low numbers out the door. Seems legit but also it just manipulates the market.

11. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Guess what else it does...it ensures that every model produced is sold. Every shop sells inventory and orders another one, two, three,..etc, and sells them.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Cabbage patch syndrome.. hahahahaha.. I love it.. The LC9 is already selling below $300.. Ron

13. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    I would hate to tell you what dealer cost is on those LC9's safe to say that it is very, very close to the number you just mentioned. Any dealer selling at $300 is loosing money trust me when you factor in shipping costs and other associated miscellaneous costs selling at $300 is just a loosing proposition.

Basically, any polymer pistols of any kind (unless they are a new intro, and fall into the cabbage patch syndrome) you can't sell at profit on the internet anyway.

14. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Several sold last week on GB for right at $300; a couple below $300. I might buy one for the wife when they get to $300 shipped.. Ron

PS: I don't believe anybody sells anything below (actual) cost.. They just make it look that way..

15. Nick

Nick Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Not me, I gave $700 for one that isn't as molested as that one .

16. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Of course they do if they need to move something that's been hanging around a long time. Or if the price is being hammered down. Take for example the Sig P250 series of pistols when they first came out they were fairly cheap but a lot higher in price than they currently are. Sig dropped the price on these because they weren't selling. Now say you were a dealer that bought a load of stock when the price was higher - Sig drops the price, guess what you now have to sell for under what you paid, or you might as well make paper weights out of them...!!!

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    My experience is with higher priced items, but they never sell at less than actual cost.. There's always a markup and/or kick back that covers the cost to the dealer.. No many companies can survive on selling items at less than actual cost.. Take a look at the "less than invoice" car deals and then talk to dealership owner..

I'm betting that those SIG dealers called their rep and got a little re-compensation.. JMO.. Ron

18. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
  19. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Can't call SIG if there purchased from an Independent wholesaler... believe me I know of what I speak...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted