close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is this the fastest moving 1911 forum on the net?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Glock2740, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    It sure seems like it is. GT isn't keeping up at all....Maybe because all of the main posters are on here now? :grin: This 1911 forum definately seems to be moving faster. Hell, maybe because we're all over here...LOL!!

2. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    It is definitely growing very quickly. I am very happy with how it is going.

3. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Pretty fast moving for a 100 year old technology.

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Do we have a "member" count?

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    71 right now.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It's going good.. For me (if i may) a good forum is one that keeps my interest with lots of posts, ideas, pictures, knowledge, entertainment and FUN. Most of all it's INTERACTION and COMMUNICATION. I've been a technical type all my life and read manuals and journals for 35 years. I don't look to a forum EXCLUSIVELY for knowledge. Living on the Internet as I do, I don't need it for that. I can research topics and find all the info I need without ever logging in to a forum. I come to the forums to shoot the breeze with friends, look at their pistols, show them my pistols, lament of a bad range day an/or a good range day. It's nice to keep up with what the smiths are doing and to see and hear things that we normally wouldn't in out own little worlds.

Also, the questions of noobs don't bother me in the least. I've had the benefit of working in metallurgy, polymer and chemical research engineering for 25 years. I've designed more electronics and mechanical instrumentation than I can count and am certified in laser, x-ray and electron analytical instrumentation as well as digital imaging, robotics and C&C. In a nutshell, I've been around the research world for 35 years.. BUT.. I can still get giddy when looking at a engine turned (jeweled) barrel hood or experiencing rapid fire from a well oiled 1911. That's the way the noobs feel.. It's all new and wonderful and it's all good. Even old farts like "some" of us need that in our lives. Boring is just boring for us and life don't have to be that way.. Lets have some fun and chat up some pistols I say! Cheers.. Ron

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    It's all about fun.

8. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    I am admin at a gun forum and ran a couple of others in the past...

There are some tricks to increase membership.

Go to www.addme.com - and choose the free option. Register the site thru all the search engines on the free option.

Also, put a link to here in your signature on all other sites, and it helps bring people to your site.

Also, set up an ad option, and google seems to put you higher up the ring on the search engines...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  9. mike.h

mike.h New Member

Aug 20, 2011
  10. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  11. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    picking up quite nicely

12. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I already like this place more than "new" TOS. Same good people to chat with, even though a few are still missing. Plus, many of the regulars are the ones in charge on this site, so the threads should not get out of hand like they were on GT the last few months. :smile:

13. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    New forum, now i'm getting a GC. Coincidence, or something supernatural?

14. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    congrats on the GC.

15. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    57 people on at once today. pretty good considering that the forum has only been up since the 17th.

16. seanmac45

seanmac45 1911 Junkie

Aug 21, 2011
    You've got a good core of 1911 people here with a low signal to noise ratio.

It should prove to be a popular place in my opinion.

17. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes sir! I am extremely pleased with the progress we are making. So pleased I have a little surprise coming for the members really soon.

18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  19. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    Something like that lol.

20. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm afraid....

Well, you're not quite old enough to need a regular colonoscopy... If you caught VD and took pictures, count me out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted