1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have a single 1911 untill March 14th. That's when I bought a Dan Wesson. Since then
I've bought 6 more 1911's not including 2 other guns. :eek:

The good thing about being single and not married is no one to tell me no. :grin:
The bad thing about being single and not married is no one to tell me no. :bang:

20200606_191839.jpg

I sold my Les Baer Boss and a Dan Wesson TRP. I have a NH Thunder Ranch coming from Rob
at TRRK soon that's why they are not in the photo. Not including all the bulk ammo I've bought. I've had to buy 8 new containers. They hold a thousand rounds each. I already had several full ones.
Maybe it's time to pump the brakes. Is there a guns aonymous?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I know the feeling. Bought my first 1911 about 3 months ago, right here, and now want everything listed in the classifieds. Covid and my wife has kept me in check. I’m back to work and looking to expand!

·
Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool
688 Posts
My first was a first gen delta elite around 1988-1989, which I still have. After that they sort of blur together. Ebbing and flowing until you need to buy a new safe. beware... the only thing better than 2 is 4, 4 is 6...

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,030 Posts
Damn, you jumped in head 1st ;)

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I believe it starts in the classified section! :D
Seriously..:dead:

These are amateur numbers...we need to beef this up.
Now that's what I'm talking about :joyful:

A real show of willpower would be to reduce your total pistol count to two...
Now that's just insane..:interesting:

You are so screwed!
You're right. I had been thinking of and looking at 1911's for many years. I loved the way that they felt in my hand. Almost every time I visited the gun shop or gun shows I had to check them out.
Polymer guns are good and reliable. Capacity is awesome. They are great at what they do. But they are just a tool to get the job done. They do it very well. They lack though what a well made 1911 delivers. A 1911 has substance, soul. All metal gun in the hand feels different from a plastic piece. We all know that.
I'm trying not to look at fine watches and expensive knives. I don't need any other additional addictions at this time. Lol

·
Deo Volente
7,118 Posts
I didn't have a single 1911 untill March 14th. That's when I bought a Dan Wesson. Since then
I've bought 6 more 1911's not including 2 other guns. :eek:

The good thing about being single and not married is no one to tell me no. :grin:
The bad thing about being single and not married is no one to tell me no. :bang:

View attachment 509867
I sold my Les Baer Boss and a Dan Wesson TRP. I have a NH Thunder Ranch coming from Rob
at TRRK soon that's why they are not in the photo. Not including all the bulk ammo I've bought. I've had to buy 8 new containers. They hold a thousand rounds each. I already had several full ones.
Maybe it's time to pump the brakes. Is there a guns aonymous?
You are absolutely right about being single and guns! Except for the eighteen month budget on Excell which says NO! on many occasions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OldCuz

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
There is a "guns anonymous " but it don't work. You get your first 1911 and then the second one shows up, then the third...…… We all know how it works or we wouldn't be here on this forum.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have had and still have quite a few polymer handguns, but a 1911 has soul. They all feel great in the hand and point like no other. I'll throw a 1911 and a Hi Power in the group , they must have something in common don't you think. I am a fan of anything JMB !

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Six new 1911s and 825 posts since March 2020. You got it bad dude:D
It's seven. I wasn't counting the Kodiak. :god:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts