It has been decided....

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by fatbaldguy, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy Cranky old curmudgeon

Jul 28, 2017
    SheWhoMustBeObeyed (hereinafter known as SWMBO) wants the Kimber K6. She thought she wanted a S&W but the triggers weren't as good as the Kimber. I think I've rented 30 revolvers for her in the past two weeks. Arthritis and hand strength preclude her using a semi auto. She cannot manipulate the safety on a semi-auto, even the ones she can do the tap rack drill with. So, revolver it is.
    We'll be buying/ordering one on Saturday. I'll do what I can to get some pics and a range report. I've already been told that this is HERS! I might get the chance to fondle it once in a while.

Edit: This will be consuming a the bigger part of what I had put back toward a DW V-Bob. So, somebody buy the Para Commander I have in the classifieds.

41 Charlie, LPRoad and blitz45 like this.
  2. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    You married Hilda Rumpole. ?? :eek:

fatbaldguy likes this.

3. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    I've heard a lot of great things about the K6. I'm glad she found something that works for her.

4. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    I just looked at the Kimber offering on their web site.
    The revolvers look great.
    Are you getting night sights?

fatbaldguy likes this.
  5. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    GOOD FOR HER! And You. Nothing better than revolvers for PD for those that do not practice and drill often with semi autos. AND for those of us awakened from a sound sleep when a weapon is required.

41 Charlie and limbkiller like this.
  6. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Good one. My Dad and I used to watch that show. I haven’t heard any of the Millennials reference that series.

fatbaldguy and tac45 like this.
  7. fatbaldguy

Jul 28, 2017
    Absolutely. I'm trying to convince her to get the 3 inch barrel, but she likes the looks of the 2 incher. I guess she got used to short things after she married me.

8. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Congratulations! "When Mama's happy - Everybodies happy!"

9. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Short barrels have a bigger blast. Get an extra towel! Hope all works out for you two lovebirds. :D

10. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    In this case, size does matter.

11. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I am very interested in pictures and range report. My life likes revolvers. When the K6 first came out, I read reviews and it looked interesting. Even though Kimber isn't a brand I want to own, it appeared they did a really good job with this revolver.

12. fatbaldguy

Jul 28, 2017
    There are pics in this sub-forum on another thread. I myself am no fan of Kimber. A friend sent one back 7 times before he felt it was reliable enough to sell. In this case, it looks like they may have hit the bullseye. Realistically, the same size as the SP-101 with 6 instead of 5. Maybe an ounce heavier? Rented one and it was solid, accurate, and felt good in the hand. The missus liked it, said she wanted it, end of story. I think it will turn out to be a good purchase.

13. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sounds great! I bought my wife a S&W 66 3" as a gift a few years back, only to find out the front sight wasn't machined in the center of the barrel. It was probably a collector all these years and never shot. So, while I was excited to find one, it was a disappointing outcome. While S&W has a good reputation for revolvers, I've had my fair share of issues with them.

I think Kimber put a lot of work into the design of the K6 - I too think they have a winner here.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted